Daly says reports of Phoenix to Winnipeg are “not true” … Wideman 3 weeks away … Emery could go in Game 2 … Richards not in a rush
  • David Shoalts of the Globe and Mail: Deputy Daly shot down Sportsnet’s report that the Coyotes will be moving to Winnipeg once they are knocked out of the playoffs,

    “No, it’s not true,” Daly said in an e-mail message. “The situation remains status-quo. Efforts to effectuate a sale remain ongoing.”

    Matthew Hulsizer said in an e-mail he hasn’t given up and is “still working on it.”

  • Katie Carrera of the Washington Post: Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau said that Dennis Wideman is recovering well and could return to the Caps lineup in 3 weeks.

    Wideman’s “coming along, he’s walking now. I don’t expect him back for this series,” Boudreau said. “He’s a really determined young man. He’s rehabbing it pretty hard right now. He’s a lot better today than he was yesterday. I don’t know if that means anything, but if that rate of recovery is good then it wouldn’t surprise me — three weeks he’ll be ready.”

  • Damian Cristodero via twitter: Martin St. Louis had a double root canal after the game last night, he was hit in the mouth by Michalek’s stick.
  • Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Dan Ellis was pulled 56 seconds into the 3rd period last night after giving up 4 goals. Ray Emery replaced him, his first action in a week as he has been out with a lower body injury.

    “That was the plan if things didn’t go our way in the third period,” Carlyle said. ”We were going to give him some minutes because there’s always the option of using him. He hasn’t seen the net in a while.

    “If you ask any goaltender, they’d like to see the net a little bit before they get an opportunity to play. So that gives us another option for Friday.”

  • Dallas Morning News: Stars UFA Brad Richards,

    “There’s been a little chatter, but it’s always come back to if I am going to sign and there’s no ownership, I am still kind of hesitant,” Richards said. “There may not be ownership by the time I have to make a decision. Right now, there’s no rush. There’s nothing that’s pressing me. I am going to try to see what happens. If there is no change, it doesn’t mean I am leaving. I’ll have to make a different type of decision at that time.”

    Added Richards: “Right now it doesn’t look like it’s going to be in place, but like I said, there’s no deadline right now, so I can sit back. I am sure I will talk with here in the next day or two and get a better idea. Then we’ll wait and see.”