Top 20 players who could be traded at the NHL trade deadline
Craig Custance of The Athletic: Some GMs are saying it’s a buyers market right now.
There are lots of notes in the link to Custance’s piece and it’s definitely worth the read.
1. Artemi Panarin – Columbus Blue Jackets
2. Matt Duchene – Ottawa Senators
3. Mark Stone – Ottawa Senators
4. Kevin Hayes – New York Rangers
5. Dougie Hamilton – Carolina Hurricanes
6. Wayne Simmonds – Philadelphia Flyers
7. Chris Kreider – New York Rangers
8. Brayden Schenn – St. Louis Blues
9. Jake Muzzin – Los Angeles Kings
10. Gustav Nyquist – Detroit Red Wings
11. Jesse Puljujarvi – Edmonton Oilers
12. Timothy Liljegren – Toronto Maple Leafs
13. Micheal Ferland – Carolina Hurricanes
14. Mats Zuccarello – New York Rangers
15. Nino Niederreiter – Minnesota Wild
16. Jimmy Howard – Detroit Red Wings
17. Andre Burakovsky – Washington Capitals
18. Trevor Daley – Detroit Red Wings
19. Alec Martinez – Los Angeles Kings
20. Nick Jensen – Detroit Red Wings
Friedman leaning towards Duchene getting traded
Chris Nichols of Nichols on Hockey: Elliotte Friedman was on Sportsnet 960 and was asked about the Ottawa Senators and pending UFA forward Matt Duchene.
“I lean towards he’s getting traded, and I’m not saying that – I lean towards it,” noted Friedman. “Ottawa is going out West. They’re playing L.A. and Anaheim this week before they go to San Jose on Saturday. His agent is based there – Pat Brisson. I have a feeling there’s going to be a long conversation about, ‘Okay, where are we and where are we going.’
Friedman adds that he’s heard the Senators have been out “scouting like crazy,” and with a smaller staff they are running all over the place, likely trying to get prepared.