On the Arizona Coyotes …
“I’ve been on the record numerous times about the subject and have been very clear,” Chayka said. “I haven’t had a single conversation about Oliver that has last more than five seconds.”
On the Ottawa Senators …
Don Brennan of the Ottawa Citizen: Brennan wonders if the Senators persistence to trade for Matt Duchene was ownership driven and if so, it won’t be a surprise. Noting that Duchene “should be able to create a stir and boost attendance in a market that appears to be lazily waiting for the playoffs.”
initially thought the Senators could be in the same boat next season with Duchene as they were this season with Kyle Turris. But hearing that a six-year offer was never on the table for Turris, he may have wanted to move on.
thinks that if the Senators can get Duchene back in the playoffs, working out an extension before he becomes a free agent shouldn’t be that hard. Giving up what they did won’t seem to matter as much, as long as he re-signs.
On the Top 10 Trade Bait Board …
Frank Seravalli of TSN: Top 10 players that could be traded this season.
- Evander Kane – Buffalo Sabres – UFA – $5.25 million cap hit.
2. James Neal – Vegas Golden Knights – UFA – $5 million cap hit.
3. Mike Green – Detroit Red Wings – UFA – $6 million cap hit.
4. Luca Sbisa – Vegas Golden Knights – UFA – $3.6 million cap hit.
5. Thomas Vanek – Vancouver Canucks – UFA – $2 million cap hit.
6. David Perron – Vegas Golden Knights – UFA – $3.75 million cap hit.
7. Rick Nash – New York Ragners – UFA – $7.8 million cap hit.
8. Alec Martinez – Los Angeles Kings – 3 years – $4 million cap hit.
9. Erik Gudbranson – Vancouver Canucks – UFA – $3.5 million cap hit.
10. Alex Galchenyuk – Montreal Canadiens – 2 years – $4.9 million cap hit.