- Michael Traikos via twitter: Jeff Fingers was placed on waivers today by the Toronto Maple Leafs and will be sent to the AHL Toronto Marlies when he clears waivers. Ron Wilson said “he’s not being buried.” TSN is reporting that Wilson has said that if someone gets hurt or struggles, Finger could get recalled.
Jeff Finger’s $3.5 million cap hit comes off the books for the time being. Brett Lebda appears healthy, and will take over the roll of 7th defenseman for the time being. The Leafs now have $4.8 million in cap space, $3.5 million from Finger, and $1.3 million from what they were under before.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: The New Jersey Devils will dress 16 skaters on Wednesday. 1 more than their last game.
- Chris Botta via twitter: John Tavares didn’t fly out with the New York Islanders today. Tomorrow they play in Washington, Friday in Pittsburgh, so most likely Saturday at home is the earliest return.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Clearing waivers today: Thomas Greiss (SJ), Jonathan Carlsson (Chi), Nolan Schaefer (Bos), and PL Letourneau-Leblond (NJ).
- James Mirtle via twitter: Detroit Red Wings Kirk Maltby will be retiring from hockey rather than reporting to the AHL. At some point, he’ll most likely take a position within the organization. Bob McKenzie reporting an announcement is scheduled for 5:00 pm, and expects him to be named a pro scout.
- Mike Heika and Scott Goldstein of the Dallas Morning News: Mike Ribeiro was arrested on Sunday on charges of public intoxication. Ribeiro said it was a personal issue and “It wasn’t a big thing, I wish there were cameras there and they could have seen what happened. … I just want to put that behind us today.”