- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Lou Lamoriello on Brodeur trade rumors, “He’s not going anywhere.”
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur, “I want to stay. I’ve been fortunate to play on some great teams here. I”m not going to quit now.” …. On if he’d waive his no-trade if Devils could get good value for him to rebuild, “I’ll cross that bridge if that happens. It’s a possibility. We’re not all untouchables. It could be a possibility. But personally I don’t want to go anywhere. I like it here. I like playing for this organization and I guarantee you that we won’t have two seasons of that in a row.”
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Brodeur will start for the Devils against the Islanders tomorrow night.
- Brian Hedger of NHL.com: Marian Hossa and Viktor Stalberg took part in full practice yesterday. Patrick Kane didn’t skate as he re-aggravate his lower body injury on the weekend. Hossa could be back after Christmas according to coach Joel Quennville. Quennville on Kane, “I still think he’s able to do a lot off the ice,” “I think his conditioning is still going to be right for game conditions. It’s just a matter (of) … until he feels good on the ice. He’s not too far away either.”
- Mark Everson of the NY Post: Jason Arnott on asking for trade,
“Like go to a playoff team? I’ve thought about it,” Arnott told The Post yesterday, before the Devils lost their ninth straight road game, 5-1 to the Capitals. “We’re not quitters. Mathematically, we’re not out of it yet. When I decided to come here, the chance I wanted was to be in contention to win this year. It just hasn’t gone that way.
“I don’t know. We’ll see later on. I’ve thought about it, no question. Right now, I still want to see if we can turn this thing around and make the playoffs.”
- Steve Zipay via twitter: Mats Zuccarello has been called up by the New York Rangers after scoring 13 goals and adding 11 assists in 32 games in the AHL.
- Joshua Cooper via twitter: Lindback will start tonight for the Predators, Rinne will go tomorrow. Crawford will start for the Blackhawks tonight. Kane, Hossa and Stalberg are out.
- Will DePaoli via twitter: Brett Johnson will start for the Penguins tonight.
- NY Islanders via twitter: Dwayne Roloson will start tonight for the Islanders.
- Dan Murphy via twitter: Cory Schneider will start for the Canucks tomorrow. Andrew Alberts should be back in the lineup.