- Terrell Williams of NHL.com: The Hurricanes have re-signed Jussi Jokinen to a 3 year contract worth $9 million.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: James Wisniewski and his agent have left Columbus, more talks to come. Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson: “We had a good meeting and we’ll continue to talk. We’re hopeful (of getting a deal done).”
- Helene Elliott via twitter: The Kings are angry that Colin Fraser (the player they got in the Ryan Smyth trade) has a unhealed fracture/cyst will require surgery and could be out 4 months. The Kings were going to have Fraser compete for a job and not buy him out, but now neither can happen. The trade won’t be voided, they will try to work something out. The Oilers medical reports said that Fraser’s injury was healed, Kings reports said differently.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: The Blue Jackets and Jan Hejda’s agents don’t have any plans to talk today, though it could change.
- Tim Sassone of the Daily Herald: Forwards that the Blackhawks might be interested in are: Joel Ward, Erik Cole, Mike Rupp, Max Talbot, Matt Bradley, Cody McCormick, Sean Bergenheim, and John Madden. They have shown some interest in Jan Hejda and he may be an option if Montador doesn’t sign.
- Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel: Panthers GM Dale Tallon on Tomas Vokoun, “We’re in negotiations with him as we speak and are very hopeful.” Panthers assistant GM Mike Santos,
“He’s made $30 million the last five years,” Santos said. “Does he really need to go out and get an extra $500,000?
“For Vokoun, I don’t think there’s ever been a better time in this organization that looks like we have a chance to win than in the next few years.”
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Dater would bet that Tomas Vokoun will sign with the Avalanche.
- Chris Botta via twitter: Christian Ehrhoff’s agent said he wants to go to a team where he can win.
- Katie Carrera of the Washington Post: Jason Arnott will be hitting the open market tomorrow. Arnott’s agent/brother said in an email, “although we maintain an open line of communication with the Caps, Jason will test free agency at this point.”
- Andy Strickland via twitter: The Blues are willing to commit long-term to TJ Oshie, but they/he needs to figure out his role, a top 6? Energy guy? 15 or 25 goal score?
- Damien Cox of the Toronto Star: Brian Burke will be with Canadian troops in Afghanistan for the start for free agency.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Sheldon Souray, Cam Barker and Mike Commodore were put on unconditional waivers for the purpose of being bought out.
- Jim Diamond via twitter: The Predators will be buying out JP Dumont.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: The Capitals have bought out Tyler Sloan.