- Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press: Jets defenseman Tobias Enstrom suffered a broken collar bone and will be out indefinitely. Enstrom was injured on Monday after taking a hit from Panthers Jack Skille.
- Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press: Jets defenseman Randy Jones left last night’s game in the 3rd period after blocking a shot off inside of his right ankle. Forward Nik Antropov blocked a shot with his hand, he did return to the game, but his status for Saturday is not 100%.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Hurricanes forward Jussi Jokinen was originally thought to be out 3 to 4 weeks, but that may not be the case according to Paul Maurice. Jokinen had 2 MRIs on Wednessday night and revealed that the injury was not as serious as originally thought. Maurice said it’s closer to day-to-day than week-to-week.
- Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen: Senators forward Daniel Alfredsson has been out with a concussion since last Saturday, and has no idea when he may return.
“If I’m at home with the kids, I get a little light-headed and I have to sit down for a little bit, and then I feel good again,” Alfredsson said Thursday, speaking publicly for the first time since the hit. “Until that’s gone, I’m not going to do anything physical.”
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: The Rangers are getting close to putting defenseman Marc Staal on LTIR, saving them $3.975 million in cap space. Once he’s put on it, the Rangers could recall Mats Zuccarello from the AHL. Wojtek Wolski suffered a groin injury last night.
- Josh Yohe via twitter: Penguins Ben Lovejoy broke his wrist and is out indefinitely.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Stars forward Steve Ott has a hip pointer and could miss the next 2 games.