- Corey Masisak of NHL.com: If Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller doesn’t return soon and they continue to have trouble keeping the puck out of the net (21 goals in 3 games), GM Bob Murray may have to make a deal.
“Making deals is really hard,” Murray said. “If it comes to that point where I think Jonas is really going to be a while, we may have to say, ‘OK’. Not at this point.”
Panthers assistant GM Mike Santos,
“We’re going to make trades to improve the team in the future regardless of where we are in the playoff race,” Santos told the Sun-Sentinel. “This is a long-term project. There’s 10 years of mismanagement that we’re trying to turn around, hopefully in three or four years.”
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Jonas Hiller worked out off ice today and only would say, “not going the way I’d like them to.”
- Andrew Gross of The Record: Marian Gaborik will be out an indefinite period with a concussion. Gaborik did not make the trip with the team. He must pass the baseline test before he’s able to return.
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: Blue goalie Jaroslav Halak is expected to remain on the IR through Friday, further update may be given today by the team. David Perron will be traveling with the team to Vancouver where he’ll see a specialist.
- Dave Stubbs of Habs Inside/Out: Canadiens head coach Jacques Martin wouldn’t confirm reports that defenseman Jaroslav Spacek is done for the season. He continues to get treatment in Montreal.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Panthers are working the phones but nothing so far… They won’t deal Stephen Weiss unless they get an offer they can’t refuse.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Maple Leafs thought they were closer to acquiring defenseman over the weekend, but nothing imminent.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: The Thrashers and Andrew Ladd are not close to a contract extension, but they are in the beginning stages.
- Ben Kuzma vai twitter: Keith Ballard and Dan Hamhuis look like they will both be back in the Canucks lineup.