- Chris Kuc via twitter: David Bolland is doubtful for Game 3 according to coach Joel Quennville.
- Katie Carrera of the Washington Post: Backstrom and Arnott trade places at yesterday’s practice. Capitals forward lines: Ovechkin-Arnott-Knuble, Sturm-Backstrom-Semin, Laich-Johansson-Chimera, Hendricks-Gordon-Bradley, King-Beagle-Fehr
- Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer: A source close to the Flyers said before yesterday’s game there is a “50/50” chance that Chris Pronger will be in the lineup Monday. After the game he said “He’s probably out Monday.” So it’s looking like a ‘must win’ would get Pronger back in the lineup. Who will be in net for the Flyers on Monday is the next big question. Laviolette pointed out that Bobrovsky has bounced back from tough games in the past. Arguments for both sides are,
For those in “Bob’s” corner: Boucher seems better suited in a relief role than Bobrovsky because of his experience. In addition, Bobrovsky has been more effective on the road than Boucher.
- Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: From an interview with Wild owner Craig Leipold: On GM Chuck Fletcher, “He knows he has my complete and absolute confidence.” Fletcher has full control on hiring the next coach, and there is “no financial restraints when it comes to a coach.”
- Sean Leahy via twitter: “SKA & KHL Pres Medvedev claims Hitchcock & MacTavish are 2 of 4 finalists for head coach.”
- Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun: “Brian Burke said an offer sheet for restricted free agents is not out of the question in the future.” Some RFA’s this year are, Steven Stamkos, Shea Weber, Zach Parise, Keith Yandle, Zach Bogosian. If Brad Richards doesn’t want to sign with the Leafs, would they look at the next best option, Brooks Laich of Washington? Another intriguing UFA is Ville Leino.
- Mark Zwolinski of the Toronto Star: Zwolinski looks at some possible UFA centers the Maple Leafs could look at. Brad Richards: Will either re-sign with the Stars or sign with the Rangers. Simon Gagne: more of a LWer. Tim Connolly: could fill the hole for a year or two. Jason Arnott: same as Connolly. Michal Handzus: a long shot, but how much game does he have left. Zwolinski looks at some possible trade partners. New York Rangers: RFA’s Brandon Dubinsky, Brian Boyle. Rookie Derek Stepan and Erik Christensen has 1 year left before he’s a UFA. Ottawa Senators: Jason Spezza has 3 years left and could be moved to restock the roster. Boston Bruins: David Krejci has been rumored to Toronto. Would be costly to add him, makes $3.75 million next year. Philadelphia Flyers: Jeff Carter has been linked to the Leafs in the past, he and Mike Richards are locked up long term. The Flyers have less than $500,000 in cap space for next year. A long shot. San Jose Sharks: They have to interesting centers, Joe Pavelski ($4 million) and Devin Setoguchi ($1.8 million). Both are not likely to be moved, unless they disappoint in the playoffs again. Setoguchi is an RFA this summer, Pavelski has 2 years left. New Jersey Devils: Zach Parise is a RFA this summer, can the Devils afford him.
For those in Boosh’s corner: Boucher has been the steadier goalie this season, and his experience gives the team a calming effect.