- Dan Tencer via twitter: Oilers forward Ales Hemsky was been cleared for full contact, and hopes to get into 2 pre-season games.
- JoAnne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal: The Oilers assigned 7 players to Oklahoma City: David LeNeveu (G), Cameron Abney (F), Mark Archbello (C), Johan Motin (D), and Hunter Tremblay (F). They are down to 48 players in camp.
- David Pollak via twitter: Antero Niittymaki is back from his hip surgery, walking around on crutches.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Pietrangelo-Huskins is a defensive combo you may see along the Blues blueline during the regular season.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Mirtle answers my question, he thinks that Mike Komisarek will be the Maple Leafs 7th defenseman. He reminded me that Komisarek has a no-movement clause and can’t be sent to the AHL Marlies.
- Steve Zipay via twitter: The Rangers will be cutting 20-25 players tomorrow.
- Josh Yohe via twitter: Sidney Crosby still hasn’t been cleared for contact but he isn’t being shy in practice. He’s getting bumped a little and looking comfortable.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: The Blue Jackets are likely to make some cuts late today or early tomorrow.
- Rich Chere via twitter: Brian Rolston has been bothered by a groin injury the last couple days.
- Eric Francis of the Calgary Sun: Flames coach Brent Sutter is telling fans not to worry about Jarome Iginla and his back spasms that has kept him from practicing.
“At this point in time, there’s nothing to worry about. He has some back spasms and a bit of muscle issues, and it got aggravated in practice the other day and just needs to settle down. That happens.”
“He’s getting close, but there’s no need for him to be out there aggravating anything. We need him to be obviously ready at the start of the season. We’ll see where he’s at the next couple days, and if he can get on the ice, he will. If not, we’ll give it another day.”