- Terry Jones of the Edmonton Sun: Likely 1st overall draft pick Nail Yakupov said:
“I definitely want to go to Edmonton and play for the Oilers, for sure,”
“I’ve played in Canada, in Sarnia, for the last two years. I love the people. I very much want to play for a Canadian team like Edmonton. I want to play for those guys!
“If they draft me, I will work very hard to make the team, give it everything I’ve got to work hard and play for the Oilers.
“I want to be No. 1. No. 1 is No. 1. I don’t want to be second or third.”
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: Brian Elliott will start in net for the Blues. Jaroslav Halak suffered a lower-body injury on Saturday and will be out for tonight. The injury isn’t considered serious.
- Mark Emmons of the San Jose Mercury News: The Sharks may be considering making a lineup change for Game 3. The Sharks may look to get bigger, with options being Michal Handzus Brad Winchester and Colin White. Dominic Moore’s broken nose was badly swollen yesterday but he’ll be able to go.
- Damien Cox of the Toronto Star: According to Elliotte Friedman, Maple Leafs goalie coach Francois Allaire may resign and retire as an active goalie coach. Burke told the Star that he had not heard directly from Allaire regarding his retirement.
- Rangers Carl Hagelin gets a 3 game suspension for his head hit on Senators Daniel Alfredsson.
- Senators Matt Carkner gets a 1 game suspension for fighting Rangers Brian Boyle.