- Dirk Hoag via twitter: Wonders if the Predators will extend a qualifying offer to Alexander Radulov in order to retain his rights past July 1st. If not, he’d be a UFA.
- Wayne Scanlan via twitter: Senators GM Bryan Murray on UFA defenseman Filip Kuba: “I think we’re moving on.”
- Dustin Leed via twitter: Leed thinks the Flyers will be able to re-sign Carle and will go after Ryan Suter, but in the end, won’t be able to sign him.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: The Blue Jackets pro scouting meetings started yesterday and will end tomorrow.
- BD Gallof via twitter: Though there is little chance he’ll be drafted by the Islanders at #4, Mikhail Grigorenko visited the team.
- Tony Marinaro via twitter: There’s a strong possibility that Martin Lapointe will be named a Canadiens assistant coach.
- Puck Daddy Yahoo! Sports: Video and quote posted on Puck Daddy debunking the rumor that Brian Burke will be leaving the Maple Leafs after the draft.
“A couple of rumors that are out there in a big way. Rumor No. 1 is that at some point after the draft, Brian Burke is going to step down and take a leave of absence as general manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs. There’s not a chance in the world Brian Burke is leaving his job with the Toronto Maple Leafs. The other rumor that’s out there, and it’s spreading like wildfire, is that Brian Burke may be fired by Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment either in the next 48 hours or after the draft. Our best information from MLSE is that there’s absolutely no appetite to make a general manager change at this time.”