- Free Agents
- 2014 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2014 UFA Centers
- 2014 UFA Left Wingers
- 2014 UFA Right Wingers
- 2014 UFA Defenseman
- 2014 UFA Goalies
- Anaheim Ducks
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild
- Montreal Canadiens
- Nashville Predators
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- San Jose Sharks
- St. Louis Blues
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Vancouver Canucks
- Washington Capitals
- Winnipeg Jets
- 2013 Top 30 NHL Free Agents
- 2013 UFA Centers
- 2013 UFA Left Wingers
- 2013 UFA Right Wingers
- 2013 UFA Defensemen
- 2013 UFA Goalies
- Hall of Fame
- A. Joseph (Joe) Primeau
- Adam Oates
- Al Arbour
- Al MacInnis
- Albert Charles (Babe) Siebert
- Alex Connell
- Alexander Peter (Alex) Delvecchio
- Alfred E. (Alf) Smith
- Allan Herbert Stanley
- Allan M. (Scotty) Davidson
- Allan W. Pickard
- Anatoli V. Tarasov
- Anders Borje Salming
- Andrew James (Andy) Bathgate
- Andy Van Hellemond
- Angela James
- Angus D. Campbell
- Anthony James (Tony) Esposito
- Arthur Edmund (Art) Coulter
- Arthur F. Farrel
- Arthur Howie (Art) Ross
- Arthur M. Wirtz
- Aubrey V. (Dit) Clapper
- Aurel Emile Joliat
- Bernard Allan Federko
- Bernard Joseph Andre (Boom Boom) Geoffrion
- Bernard Marcel (Bernie) Parent
- Bill Torrey
- Blair Russel
- Bob Gainey
- Bob Johnson
- Bob Pulford
- Bobby Bauer
- Brendan Shanahan
- Brett Hull
- Brian Francis O’Neill
- Brian Kilrea
- Brian Leetch
- Bruce A. Norris
- Bruce Stuart
- Bryan Aldwyn Hextall
- Bryan Trottier
- Bun Cook
- Cam Neely
- Cammi Granato
- Capt. James T. Sutherland
- Carl P. Voss
- Cecil Henry (Babe) Dye
- Cecil R. (Tiny) Thompson
- Charles Adams
- Charles Graham Drinkwater
- Charles Hay
- Charles Joseph Sylvanus (Syl) Apps
- Charles Robert (Chuck) Gardiner
- Charles Thomas (Tom) Hooper
- Charles William (Charlie) Conacher
- Chris Chelios
- Clarence (Happy) Day
- Clarence S. Campbell
- Clark Gillies
- Claude C. Robinson
- Claude Earl (Chuck) Rayner
- Cliff Fletcher
- Clinton James Smith
- Clinton S. Benedict
- Conn Smythe
- Craig Patrick
- Cyril Joseph (Cy) Denneny
- Dale Hawerchuk
- Darryl Glen Sittler
- Daryl K. Seaman
- David (Sweeney) Schriner
- David Michael Keon
- Denis Potvin
- Denis Savard
- Dick Duff
- Didier Pitre
- Dino Ciccarelli
- Donald H. (Dan) Bain
- Doug Gilmour
- Douglas Bradford (Brad) Park
- Douglas Norman Harvey
- Douglas Wagner (Doug) Bentley
- Duncan McMillan (Mickey) MacKay
- E. S. (Chaucer) Elliott
- Earl Walter Seibert
- Ebenezer Ralston (Ebbie) Goodfellow
- Ed Belfour
- Ed Chynoweth
- Edgar Laprade
- Edouard (Newsy) Lalonde
- Edward (Eddie, Fast Eddie) Giacomin
- Edward George (Eddie) Gerard
- Edward M. Snider
- Edward Reginald (Reg) Noble
- Edward William (Eddie) Shore
- Elmer James Lach
- Emile (Butch) Bouchard
- Emile P. Francis
- Ernest (Ernie) Russell
- Ernest (Moose) Johnson
- F. J. (Mickey) Ion
- Father David Bauer
- Ferdinand Charles (Fernie) Flaman
- Foster W. Hewitt
- Francis (Frank) McGee
- Francis Charles (Frank) Brimsek
- Francis M. (King) Clancy
- Francis Nelson
- Francis William (Frank) Mahovlich
- Francois X. (Frank) Boucher
- Frank A. Griffiths
- Frank A. Patrick
- Frank Buckland
- Frank C. Foyston
- Frank Calder
- Frank D. Smith
- Frank Dilio
- Frank Fredrickson
- Frank J. Selke
- Frank Nighbor
- Frank Rankin
- Frank S. Mathers
- Frank Udvari
- Frank Xavier (Moose) Goheen
- Fred C. Waghorne (builder) n/a
- Fred G. (Steamer) Maxwell
- Fred J. Hume
- Fred Shero
- Frederick (Cyclone) Taylor
- Frederick Hugh (Hughie) Lehman
- Frederick Page
- Frederick Whitcroft
- Fredrick (Fred) Scanlan
- G. A. (Al) Leader
- Gen. John R. Kilpatrick
- George (Buck) Boucher
- George (Punch) Imlach
- George Edward (Chief) Armstrong
- George Hainsworth
- George Hayes
- George McNamara
- George Reginald (Red) Horner
- George Richardson
- George S. Dudley
- George V. Brown
- George William Hay
- Georges Vezina
- Gerald Michael (Gerry) Cheevers
- Geraldine Heaney
- Gilbert (Gil) Perreault
- Glen Sather
- Glenn Anderson
- Glenn Henry Hall
- Gordon (Gordie) Howe
- Gordon Allan (Phat) Wilson
- Gordon Arthur Drillon
- Gordon Blanchard (Duke) Keats
- Gordon Roberts
- Gordon W. Juckes
- Grant Fuhr
- Gunther Sabetzki
- Guy Damien Lafleur
- Guy Gerard Lapointe
- Hamilton Livingston (Billy) Gilmour
- Harley Hotchkiss
- Harold (Harry) Oliver
- Harold E. Ballard
- Harold Hugh (Harry) Cameron
- Harold Joseph (Bullet Joe) Simpson
- Harrold M (Harry) Hyland
- Harry (Apple Cheeks) Lumley
- Harry (Hap) Holmes
- Harry (Rat) Westwick
- Harry E. (Moose) Watson
- Harry J. Sinden
- Harry L. (Punch) Broadbent
- Harry Percival (Whipper) Watson
- Harvey (Busher) Jackson
- Harvey Pulford
- Hector (Toe) Blake
- Henry Judah (Harry) Trihey
- Henry Vernon (Harry) Howell
- Herb Brooks
- Herbert (Herbie) Lewis
- Herbert Martin (Herb) Gardiner
- Herbert William (Buddy) O’Connor
- Hobart Amery Hare (Hobey) Baker
- Howard William (Howie) Morenz
- Hubert George (Bill) Quackenbush
- Ian “Scotty” Morrison
- Igor Larionov
- Irvine Wallace (Ace) Bailey
- Ivan Wilfred (Ching) Johnson
- J. A. (Jack) Butterfield
- J. A. (Jimmy) Dunn
- J. Ambrose O’Brien
- J. C. V. (Jim) Hendy
- J. Cooper Smeaton
- J. D. (Jack) Ruttan
- J. F. (Bunny) Ahearne
- Jacques Gerard Lemaire
- James D. Norris
- James Dickenson (Dick) Irvin
- James Henry (Jimmy) Gardner
- James Norris Sr.
- Jari Pekka Kurri
- Jean Arthur Beliveau
- Jean Baptiste (Jack) Laviolette
- Jim Devellano
- Jim Gregory
- Joe Nieuwendyk
- Joe Sakic
- John A. Ziegler, Jr.
- John Bower (Bouse) Hutton
- John C. (Jack) Marshall
- John Calverley (Jake) Milford
- John D’Amico
- John G. Ashley
- John James (Jack) Adams
- John L. (Jack) Gibson
- John Mariucci
- John P. Bickell
- John Paul (Johnny) Bucyk
- John Phillip (Jack) Walker
- John Proctor (Jack) Darragh
- John Ross Robertson
- John Sherratt (Black Jack) Stewart
- John William (Johnny) Bower
- Joseph Cattarinich
- Joseph Gilbert Yvon (Jean) Ratelle
- Joseph Henri (Pocket Rocket) Richard
- Joseph Henri Maurice (The Rocket) Richard
- Joseph Henry (Joe) Hall
- Joseph Jacques (Jake the Snake) Plante
- Joseph Jacques Hughes Laperriere
- Joseph Mullen
- Jospeph Lynn Patrick
- Keith Allen
- Kenneth Joseph (Kenny) Reardon
- Kenneth Wayne Dryden
- Lanny McDonald
- Larry Murphy
- Larry Robinson
- Leo J. V. Dandurand
- Leo Joseph Boivin
- Leonard Patrick (Red) Kelly
- Lester Patrick
- Lionel Conacher
- Lloyd Turner
- Lord (of Preston) Stanley
- Lorne John (Gump) Worsley
- Lou Lamoriello
- Luc Robitaille
- M. I. (Matt) Pavelich
- Maj. Frederic McLaughlin
- Marcel Elphege Dionne
- Marcel Pronovost
- Mario Lemieux
- Mark Howe
- Mark Messier
- Martin (Marty) Walsh
- Martin A. (Marty) Barry
- Mats Sundin
- Maurice Joseph (Joe) Malone
- Maxwell Herbert Lloyd Bentley
- Mervyn (Red) Dutton
- Michael (Mike) Grant
- Michael J. Rodden
- Michel Goulet
- Mike Bossy
- Mike Gartner
- Mike Ilitch
- Miles Gilbert (Tim) Horton
- Milton Conrad (Milt) Schmidt
- Monsignor Athol (Père) Murray
- Murray Bert Olmstead
- Murray Costello
- Neil McNeil Colville
- Neil P. Armstrong
- Nelson (Old Poison) Stewart
- Norman R. (Bud) Poile
- Norman Victor Alexander (Norm) Ullman
- Oliver Levi Seibert
- Pat LaFontaine
- Patrick Joseph (Paddy) Moran
- Patrick Roy
- Paul Coffey
- Paul Loicq
- Pavel Bure
- Percy LeSueur
- Peter Stastny
- Philip Anthony (Phil) Esposito
- Philip D. Ross
- Pierre Paul Pilote
- R. A. (Red) Storey
- R. W. (Bobby) Hewitson
- Ralph (Cooney) Weiland
- Ray Scapinello
- Raymond Bourque
- Reginald (Hooley) Smith
- Richard R. (Dickie) Boon
- Richard Winston (Dickie) Moore
- Robert (Bob) LeBel
- Robert Blake Theodore (Ted) Lindsay
- Robert Earle (Bobby) Clarke
- Robert Gordon (Bobby) Orr
- Robert Marvin (Bobby) Hull
- Rod Langway
- Rodrigue Gabriel (Rod) Gilbert
- Roger Paul Neilson
- Ron Francis
- Roy (Shrimp) Worters
- Roy Conacher
- Rudy Pilous
- Russell (Barney) Stanley
- Russell (Dubbie) Bowie
- Sam Pollock
- Samuel Russell (Rusty) Crawford
- Scott Niedermayer
- Scott Stevens
- Scotty Bowman
- Sen. Donat Raymond
- Sen. Hartland deM. Molson
- Serge Aubrey Savard
- Seymour H., III Knox
- Sidney Gerald (Sid) Abel
- Silas Seth (Si) Griffis
- Sir Montagu Allan
- Sprague Cleghorn
- Stanley (Stan) Mikita
- Stephen John Shutt
- Steve Yzerman
- Sydney Harris (Syd) Howe
- Sylvio Mantha
- T. F. (Tommy) Lockhart
- T. Franklin Ahearn
- T. P. (Tommy) Gorman
- Terrance Gordon (Terry) Sawchuk
- Theodre Samuel (Ted Teeder) Kennedy
- Thomas Christian (Tom) Johnson
- Thomas Dunderdale
- Thomas J. Smith
- Thomas N. (Tommy) Phillips
- Thomas N. Ivan
- Valeri Kharlamov
- Viacheslav Fetisov
- Vladislav Aleksandrovich Tretiak
- W. L. (Bill) Chadwick
- W. M. (Bill) Jennings
- Walter (Babe) Pratt
- Walter A. Brown
- Walter Bush
- Walter Edward (Turk) Broda
- Wayne Gretzky
- Weston W. Sr. Adams
- Wilfred Thomas (Shorty) Green
- William (Bill) Cook
- William (Bill) Hanley
- William (Bill) John Smith
- William (Bill) Mosienko
- William (Billy) Burch
- William Alexander (Bill) Gadsby
- William Charles (Bill) Barber
- William George (Billy) McGimsie
- William H. (Hod) Stuart
- William M. Northey
- William Mailes (Bill) Cowley
- William Milton (Riley) Hern
- William Ronald (Bill) Durnan
- William Thayer Tutt
- William W. Wirtz
- Woody Dumart
- Yvan Serge (Roadrunner) Cournoyer
Posts Tagged Chicago Blackhawks
- Dan Rosen: Ducks Ryan Getzlaf is expected to be able to go in Game 2. X-rays were negative, suffered only a deep facial laceration that received several stitches.
- Chris Johnston: Lightning’s Ben Bishop spent over 30 minutes on the ice this morning in full equipment. Missy Zielinski: Lightning coach Cooper on Bishop: “I don’t think we’ll be seeing Bishop anytime soon.” He hasn’t been completely ruled out of the series if it goes the distance.
- Joe McDonald: Red Wings Henrik Zetterberg is practicing today. Ansar Khan: Zetterberg skated for about 20 minutes today.
- Joe Haggerty: Not practicing for the Bruins today are Chris Kelly, Daniel Paille and Matt Bartkowski. Kevan Miller returned. Haggerty can’t see Paille playing tomorrow.
- Katie Strang: Flyers Steve Mason is doing better and will join the team in New York. His status for Game 2 is still uncertain.
- Andy Strickland: Blues T.J. Oshie was at practice this morning. Jeremy Rutherford: Oshie is not skating with any lines.
- Jeremy Rutherford: Blues Jordan Leopold and Roman Polak were working as the third defensive pair at practice.
- Lou Korac: Blues T.J. Oshie and Patrik Berglund will be out. Vladimir Tarasenko is in.
- Dennis Bernstein: Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau on Matt Belesky’s injury: “Lower – body that’s been nagging him for awhile. Hopefully ready for Friday”
- Andy Strickland: Blackhawks Patrick Kane is skating today with a notable brace on his left leg.
- Chris Johnson: Lightning’s Ondrej Palat isn’t practicing. He only had one shift in the third period.
- Renaud Lavoie: Don’t expect Canadiens Travis Moen to be in the lineup for Game 2. Needs more practice time.
- Sam Carchidi: Rangers will scratch Dan Carcillo.
- Ansar Khan: Red Wings lines: Franzen-Datsyuk-Abdelkader, Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist, Jurco-Helm-Alfredsson, Miller-Glendening-Legwand.
- Sam Carchidi: Flyers lines: Hartnell-G-Voracek; Raffl-Schenn-Simmonds; Read-Coots-Akeson; Rinaldo-Lecavalier-Hall.
- Mark Lazerus: Blues lines: Ott-Backes-Steen, Schwartz-Sobotka-Tarasenko, Morrow-Roy-Reaves, Porter-Lapierre-Cracknell.
- Arpon Basu: Lightning lines: Killorn-Johnson-Stamkos; Panik-Filppula-Callahan; Purcell-Thompson-Brown; Kucherov-Paquette-Pyatt
- Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago: Blackhawks Jonathan Toews (left arm) could start skating by the end of the week. Patrick Kane skated over the weekend and is expected to be ready by the start of the playoffs.
- Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Penguins Evgeni Malkin has a hairline fracture in his foot and coach Dan Bylsma isn’t sure if he’ll be in the lineup for the start of the playoffs.
“It’s not really possible to predict at this point,” Bylsma said. “We’re looking at the two-week point. It will be looked again by doctors (in the next couple of days).”
- Mike Vogl: Dustin Penner is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Anaheim Ducks: Ducks Tim Jackman has a broken hand that will require surgery.
- Ken Wiebe: Jets Dustin Byfuglien is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Rob Mixer: Blue Jackets defenseman Nikita Nikitin (lower-body) skated yesterday.
- AP in the NY Post: Islanders Calvin de Haan left last night’s game with an upper-body injury.
- Tracey Myers: Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said that Patrick Kane could start skating “as early as tomorrow.”
- Andy Strickland: Blues Alex Steen (upper-body) and Barrett Jackman (lower-body) are day-to-day. Their injuries are not serious, but they won’t play tonight.
- Mike Harrington: Sabres Chris Stewart skated today.
- Ansar Khan: Red Wings Daniel Alfredsson didn’t skate today and looking unlikely that he’ll play tomorrow. Hasn’t been on the ice since Sunday.
- Sam Carchidi: Flyers Kimmo Timonen will be back in the lineup tonight. He could have returned on Tuesday but they game him the extra rest.
- Ken Wiebe: Looking like Devin Setoguchi will be a healthy scratch for the fourth time in the last five games.
- Michael Smith: Hurricanes not at practice: Alex Semin (illness), Jiri Tlusty (upper-body) and Ron Hainsey.
- James Mirtle: The Maple Leafs recall Carter Ashton.
- Aaron Portzline: Blue Jackets lines: Jenner – Johansen – Letestu; Calvert – Dubinsky – Atkinson; Foligno – Anisimov – Umberger; Comeau – MacKenzie – Boll.
- Ansar Khan: Red Wings lines: Nyquist-Legwand-Franzen, Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco, Miller-Glendening-Andersson/Bertuzzi.
- Katie Carrera: Capitals lines: Grabovski-Backstrom-Ovi; Johansson-Beagle-Brouwer; Chimera-Fehr-Ward; Penner-Kuznetsov-Wilson. Volpatti extra. Defensive pairings: Alzner-Carlson; Orlov-Green; Erskine-Carrick.
- Michael Smith: Hurricanes lines: Loktionov-E. Staal-Terry, Gerbe-J. Staal-Dwyer, Skinner-Nash-Lindholm, ??-Malhotra-Dvorak.
- Pierre LeBrun: Flyers Steve Mason will battle Blue Jackets Sergei Bobrovsky tonight.
- Chip Alexander: Anton Khudobin the likely start tonight.
- Eric Stephens: Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau thinks that Cam Fowler could return by next week.
- Harvey Fialkov: The Panthers have sent Jonathan Racine back to the AHL as Ed Jovanovski is ready to return to the lineup.
- David Pollak: Sharks Tomas Hertl practiced yesterday without a “no-contact” jersey.
- Shawn Mitchell: Blue Jackets Nathan Horton (lower-body) won’t travel with the team to Philadelphia. Jared Boll is expected to return to the lineup.
- Rob Mixer: Blue Jackets Ryan Murray (knee) skated yesterday morning with associate coach Craig Hartsburg, doing conditioning drills. Shawn Mitchell: Murray will travel with the team to Philadelphia but won’t play. Coach Todd Richards said he could return next Friday against Chicago or Sunday against the Islanders.
- Shawn Mitchell: Blue Jackets Nikita Nikitin (lower-body) won’t travel with the team. Either Nick Schultz or Tim Erixon will fill in for Nikitin.
- Tracey Myers: Blackhawks Bryan Bickell said he’ll play tonight.
- Chad Graff: Wild’s Josh Harding was on the ice yesterday during their practice.
- Chad Graff: Wild’s Mike Yeo was vague about Mikael Granlund’s possible head injury. Said he didn’t know about his status.
- Randy Sportak: Flames defenseman Tyler Wotherspoon had season-ending shoulder surgery. Mark Cundari and Chris Breen have been recalled.
- Shelly Anderson: Penguins Kris Letang: ”[Stroke] happened in my bathroom, so it could happen anywhere. I don’t feel [at risk] skating with the guys.”
- Mark Lazerus: The Blackhawks expect Patrick Kane to be ready for the start of the playoffs.
- Alec Brownscombe: Maple Leafs Dave Bolland could return tonight against the Canadiens.
- Kevin Kurz: Sharks Brad Stuart is close to returning, could play tonight.
- Ryan Dittrick: Oilers Jordan Eberle isn’t sure if he’ll be able to go today.
- Joe Haggerty: Bruins coach Claude Julien didn’t rule out the possibility of Dennis Seidenberg returning for the playoffs.
- Adrian Dater: Avs Patrick Roy said John Mitchell is day-to-day “but it could be two days or it could be 10 days”
- Shawn McKenzie: Senators Craig Anderson will travel with the team but won’t play in Dallas.
- Katie Strang: Rangers defenseman John Moore last last night’s game after a hit from Blake Comeau in the first.
- Paul Ranger speaks about escaping injury
- Dallas Stars: Stars GM Jim Nill on Rich Peverley:
“Rich Peverley underwent successful surgery to correct an abnormal heart rhythm at the Cleveland Clinic on Tuesday, March 18. He is currently in normal sinus rhythm. He was released from the Cleveland Clinic today and is expected to return to Dallas tomorrow. He will be monitored closely and may require further treatment. There is no decision being made at this time on his ability to return to hockey participation.”
- Tracey Myers: Blackhawks Patrick Kane will be out three weeks with a lower-body injury.
- Eric Stephens: Ducks Cam Fowler will be out three to five weeks with a sprained left knee.
- Nick Kypreos: Oilers Jordan Eberle will have a MRI on a suspected knee injury. He’s doubtful for tonight.
- Mike Halford: Red Wings Jonathan Ericsson breaks his finger and will be out two weeks.
- Ansar Khan: Red Wings Joakim Andersson (broken foot) and Daniel Cleary (knee) skated yesterday.
- Ken Wiebe: Jets Dustin Byfuglien missed last night’s game with a lower-body injury. They expect him to play on Saturday.
- Ben Kuzma: Canucks Chris Tanev has a broken finger and is out three to four weeks.
- Adrian Dater: Avs John Mitchell missed last night’s game and is day-to-day with a sore back.
- Stephen Whyno: Maple Leafs Jonathan Bernier will “more than likely” skate in full equipment tomorrow.
- Josh Cooper: Predators Paul Gaustad left last night’s game with an upper-body injury.
- Ken Wiebe: Jets Zach Bogosian should be able to return on Saturday.
- Ian Mendes: Panthers GM Dale Talon on pending RFA Erik Gudbranson: ”He’s not going anywhere. He is likely going to be the captain of our team some day.”
- Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times: There have been no talks between Ben Smith and the Blackhawks.
‘‘You try not to give that too much power,’’ Smith said. ‘‘As long as I keep working hard and show what I can do, that stuff will take care of itself.’’
- Katie Strang: Rangers owner James Dolan on ESPN radio: ”I think Ryan [Callahan] was essentially asking too much for his services”
- Katie Strang of ESPN: It doesn’t sound like pending UFA Matt Moulson will return to the Islanders this offseason.
“It’s been said that I wasn’t in the future plans, so I don’t think that will quickly change,” Moulson said. “I’m just going to concentrate on helping Minnesota to win right now.”
- Dobber Prospects: Bob McKenzie said that the Wild are trying hard to sign college UFA Greg Carey.
- Hope Smoke: Bob McKenzie: ”When the NHL is looking at expansion they’ll be targeting the pacific northwest”
- Brittany Wallman of the Sun Sentinel: Six of eight commissioners voted in favor of giving the Panthers additional taxes from tourists. The Panthers are asking for and additional $80 million from Broward County. The Panthers are requesting the developmental rights to 22 acres of land next to the arena, is separate from the request for additional tax funds. Panthers President and CEO Michael Yormark.
“We need help,” he said.
“We’re losing $100,000 a day,” said Panthers co-owner Doug Cifu, who with Vinnie Viola became the team’s fifth owner in September, with a $250 million purchase. “So where I sit, time is of the essence.”
- Farhan Lalji: Told that the Canucks ownership definitely will not make a move regarding John Tortorella or Mike Gillis until season.
- Andy Strickland: From the Ryan Miller trade: some scouts think that William Carrier could play on the Sabres third line next season.
- Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun: Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle on James Reimer after a 3-2 loss to the Red Wings.
“I thought he was okay, you know,” Carlyle said after Reimer made 28 saves against the Wings.
“So he said I was just okay?” Reimer said.
“I thought I was good. I don’t know if I was great, and I would like to be great, but I thought I made some good saves when I needed to.”
Reimer’s agent, Ray Petkau on twitter after the game.
“As is customary in Toronto, when your team plays poor defensively game after game you blame your goalie.”
Petkau then tweeted 40 minutes later.
“Apparently that last tweet needs clarification. Notice it’s NOT directed at anyone in particular. It’s a general observation. #BadTiming”
- Mark Lazerus: Blackhawks Brandon Saad could possibly play tonight. Michal Rozsival will be out a few games with a lower-body injury.
- Edmonton Oilers: Jesse Joensuu is out four weeks with a high ankle sprain.
- Eric Stephens: Ducks Cam Fowler had an MRI yesterday. Was wearing a knee brace.
- George Richards: Panthers Jonathan Huberdeau is doubtful for the rest of their trip with an upper-body injury.
- Chad Grad: Wild’s Jason Zucker will miss the rest of the season with an knee injury.
- L.A. Lariviere: Avs John Mitchell went to the hospital to get x-rays on his back after crashing hard into the boards during the second period.
- Ted Kulfan: Red Wings Jonathan Ericsson left last night’s game with an upper-body injury.
- Kevin Kurz: Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart is getting close to returning to the lineup.
- Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Penguins James Neal (concussion) received clearance to play and could be in the lineup tonight. Chris Kunitz could also return to the lineup tonight. Beau Bennett skated before practice but hasn’t been given clearance for contact. Paul Martin skated in full gear before practice. Given the day off yesterday: Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Jussi Jokinen, Olli Maatta and Brooks Orpik.
- Shelly Anderson: Penguins Kris Letang wants to pay this season but he hasn’t received anything definitive from his doctors.
- Ansar Khan of MLive: Red Wings Todd Bertuzzi missed Sunday’s game with a lower-body injury. Darren Helm, out with a concussion, had a setback and it’s not looking like he’ll return soon. Stephen Weiss (hernia surgery) is not close to returning and will go get a second opinion. Dan Cleary has had fluid drained from his knee twice and hasn’t been able to practice in a couple weeks. Weiss and Cleary were able to skate. Jonas Gustavsson, out with a groin injury, skated yesterday and is getting close to returning. Joakim Andersson (fractured foot) is out for at least another week. Tomas Jurco will have his broken rib reassessed next week. Pavel Datsyuk (knee) will be reassessed in seven to 10 days. Henrik Zetterberg may be able to return for the playoffs if the Wings make it.
- Capitals PR: Capitals Brooks Laich will be out four to six weeks after having a procedure done to release a tight abductor.
- Randy Sportak: Flames Jiri Hudler (upper-body) was out on the ice before practice. Karri Ramo was also out before, and stayed on with main group.
- Buffalo Sabres: Sabres Jhonas Enroth stayed in Buffalo for further evaluation.
- John Vogl: Not going on the Sabres road trip: Jhonas Enroth, Tyler Myers, Zemgus Girgensons, Alex Sulzer, and Chris Stewart. Myers could meet up with the team at some point.
- John Vogl: Michal Neuvirth on the possibility of playing tonight: ”I don’t know … but I’m feeling better every day. I’m hoping it’s going to be good.”
- Bruce Garrioch: Doesn’t look like Craig Anderson will be ready before Thursday.
- Michael Smith: Hurricanes Jiri Tlusty won’t play on Tuesday due to a lower-body injury, he’s day-to-day. Alex Semin was given a maintenance day yesterday.
- Sarah McLellan: Coyotes Martin Erat skated yesterday morning in a no-contract jersey.
- Adrian Dater: Avs Ryan O’Reilly will play tonight, with Paul Stastny a possibility.
- Chicago Blackhawks: Brandon Saad won’t travel with the team to Philadelphia.
- Terry Koshan: Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle on Jonathan Bernier: ”Bernier has a low-grade muscle strain. It is in the groin area. It’s closer to day to day than it is week to week.” James Mirtle: The Leafs haven’t put Bernier on the IR, so it’s possible that he could play in the next few days.
- Hope Smoke: Maple Leafs Dave Poulin: ”We’re dealing with this on Bolland. Once medically cleared, it’s up to the player to let us know when he’s ready to go” … ”At this point it’s not up to a doctor, it’s up to Bolland. We’re hoping he’s getting stronger and closer to returning” … ”Bolland hasn’t been 100% comfortable in a full practice where there are competition drills and grinding”
Injury Notes: Canucks, Pens, Hawks, Habs, Stars, Jackets, Leafs, Kings, Wings, Oilers, Jets and Ducks
- Vancouver Canucks: Ryan Kesler is out “at least a couple of weeks” with a sprained knee according to coach John Tortorella.
- Pittsburgh Penguins: Coach Dan Bylsma on James Neal: “You don’t know if you’re talking about 1-2 days or much longer. You hope the symptoms subside & it’s shorter than longer.”
- ESPN Chicago: Blackhawks Marian Hossa skated yesterday morning. It was the first time that he practiced with the team since his injury. He didn’t play last night, but could return on Sunday or Tuesday. He said his recent injury isn’t back related.
- John Lu: Canadiens Carey Price practiced yesterday. Ended up having the net to himself, Tokarski and Budaj splitting the one end.
- Mark Stepneski: Stars Kari Lehtonen skated yesterday morning.
- Rob Mixer: Blue Jackets Artem Anisimov traveled with the team and will play tonight.
- Rob Mixer: Blue Jackets Jared Boll said he’s feeling better and will travel with the team, though he’s still a week or two away from returning to the lineup.
- Blue Jackets.NHL: Blue Jackets activate Fedor Tyutin off the IR.
- Stephen Whyno: Maple Leafs Jonathan Bernier’s injury is not considered bad.
- Eric Engels: “Reimer has concussion history, said he considered leaving game+that he had a headache after. Carlyle says no need for quiet room #progress”
- Jon Rosen of LA Kings Insider: Kings coach Darryl Sutter yesterday on Dustin Brown and Jonathan Quick.
Both of them guys – Quickie’s sick, and Brownie came in. Hopefully get that bug out of our system…We’ll see how they are tomorrow.
On whether Quick could play against the Ducks.
Well, he’s not skating today. We felt better if he stayed at home. It doesn’t matter. I mean, it does matter about Jonathan, but at the same time, Jonesy’s ready to go, too.
- Bill Rouse: Red Wings Darren Helm doesn’t have a timetable on his return to the lineup. He has been seeing the same neurologist that Patrick Eaves and Johan Franzen did in the past.
- Bill Rouse: Red Wings Henrik Zetterberg has stepped up his physical therapy on Thursday. He is still not even in shape to drive a car, but he’s getting there.
- Edmonton Oilers: Sam Gagner missed last night with an ankle injury.
- Sara Orlesky: Jets Ondrej Pavelec has a lower-body injury.
- Ken Wiebe: Jets Chris Thorburn left last night’s game with a lower-body injury. He blocked a shot in the second.
- Eric Stephens: Ducks defenseman Cam Fowler left last night’s game with a lower-body injury.
- Eliotte Friedman of CBC: On the Canucks rumors:
“Canuck rumour I: That the Aquilini family forced Tortorella on Gillis. Verdict: Skeptical.”
“Canuck rumour II: That ownership blocked Gillis from trading Ryan Kesler at the deadline. Verdict: Don’t believe it.”
“Canuck rumour III: That ownership is courting Trevor Linden. Verdict: God only knows.”
The six teams that are believed to be in Ryan Kesler’s list: Ducks, Blackhawks, Avalanche, Red Wings, Penguins and Lightning. Only the Ducks and Penguins were really into trading for him at the draft.
The Islanders will have to let the Sabres know by June first if they will be sending them their first round pick this year as part of the Thomas Vanek-Matt Moulson trade.
The Islanders had targeted Sebastien Colberg with their 34th pick in 2012 but the Canadiens took him at 33. Could be one of the reasons the Islanders took the Canadiens offer over the Wild and Maple Leafs offers.
A former teammate on Steve Yzerman regarding the Martin St. Louis situation: ”I’ve seen him angry before… but never that angry.”
Rumor that the Oilers were looking hard at Sabres Tyler Myers. Getting shot down. Name may have come up, but it was determined quickly that there was not a match.
Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis “took a hatchet” to trade rumors involving the Panthers and Nikolai Kulemin.
Wild GM Chuck Fletcher is getting a contract extension.
Quote from trade deadline: ”Want to make Bob Murray laugh? Ask him if John Gibson is available.”
Teams called the Senators about defenseman Jared Cowen.
“I believe this guy is going to be a really good player for a long time,” Murray said. “He’s lost his confidence. We’re going to send him home in the summer and start fresh next year with a new outlook. That’s all it is.”
- Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette: Canadiens Thomas Vanek doesn’t want to talk about his pending UFA status.
“My focus is on helping the Canadiens win,” Vanek said after joining the team in Phoenix. “That’s all I’m thinking about now.”
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: Avs are confident they will be able to re-sign pending UFA Reto Berra to a multi-year deal.
“We’re presently working on signing him,” Roy said, adding that he and vice president Joe Sakic would not have given up a second-round draft pick if they expected Berra would test free agency.
Avs J.S. Giguere could be leaning towards retirement.
“Not 100 percent sure, but definitely leaning that way,” he said of retirement.”You have to be honest with yourself, and (the end of the season) might be the time. But I don’t want to talk about that right now. It’s not the time or place.”
- The Fourth Period: The Canadiens have upped their offer to Andrei Markov from one year up to two years, worth around the same as he’s making this season, $5.75 million. It is thought that Markov has been asking for a three or four year deal. Negotiations will continue, but the Canadiens may be holding firm on just two years.
- Hope Smoke: Pierre LeBrun: ”Odd dynamic in Van. Talked to a scout yesterday who said the Canucks D group is a puck moving core & they’re playing a chip & chase”
- Hope Smoke: Pierre LeBrun: ”Canucks told everyone that other than the twins everyone else was available? Why not trade the twins too?” … ”If you’re going to rebuild, why not sit down with the Sedins and blow it up completely?” … ”The twins have not been good since the day they signed their extension, Garrisson and Edler have been brutal. Burrows can’t score” … ”All these players are having career worst seasons. Is this just a coincidence? It goes back to talking about Tortorella”
Here is our third installment of tracking home attendance, the 30 game mark, with comparisons from after 20 games this year and last seasons final numbers.
The outdoor games have boosted the attendance for several teams. The Senators and Blues Jackets had their attendance increase without a ‘Stadium’ game.