From twitter unless otherwise noted
- Pierre LeBrun: The NHL, NHLPA, IOC and IIHF will meet on Friday to continue their discussions on participating in the 2014 Sochi Olympics. An agreement is not expected yet.
- Darren Dreger: Carl Soderberg could be Boston this weekend, pending final approval. He agreed to a 3 year contract. He’ll get $600,000 for this season including a signing bonus, and a $1 million for each of the following two seasons.
- Dave Stubbs: Peter Budaj signed a two-year contract extension with the Canadiens that will pay him $1.4 milliom in each year.
- Daren Millard: Red Wings GM Ken Holland said that their on again, off again talks with goalie UFA Jimmy Howard’s agent probably won’t start again until after the season.
- Chris Johnston of Sportsnet: Maple Leafs Nazem Kadriwill be a RFA at the end of the season, and could finish in the top 10 in scoring if he keeps this pace up. Negotiations aren’t expected to start until after the season. In an interview with Sportsnet, Kadri indicated he’d like to sign a long-term contract.
“I’m just thinking straight hockey right now, trying to worry about my play,” said Kadri. “But I’d like to set myself up well for next year because I want to be in a Maple Leafs jersey for a long, long time. Whether they feel the same way is up to them.”
It may be best for the Maple Leafs to try and sign him to a ‘bridge’ deal, a two year contract before going long-term. Matt Duchene signed a 2-year, $7 million contract and P.K. Subban signed a 2-year, $5.75 million deal.
“Nothing’s been said to me as of yet (about the contract), but I’m sure we’ll talk in the summertime,” said Kadri.
- Kirk Luedeke: The Bruins could be looking to extend Tuukka Rask soon, maybe in the 5 year, $5 million per season range.