- Enrico Ciccone via twitter: Ciccone confirms that no one has contacted Roberto Luongo for a trade to the Maple Leafs.
- Taj via twitter: Nick Kypreos said that the Maple Leafs turned down a 1st round pick and a roster player for Nazem Kardi.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Jets Tobias Enstrom signed with Red Bull Salzburg of the Austrian Hockey League.
- Eric Fehr via twitter: Fehr said he’s off to HPK in Finland.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Doesn’t look like Nicklas Grossman will be playing with Sodertalje of the SEL, as they can’t cover his insurance.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Ducks prospect Nic Kerdiles will remain with Wisconsin over the long term despite his suspension that will last for another 5 weeks. He will remain at school instead of heading to the WHL. He was suspended for receiving an “improper benefit” from an agent.
- Dan Rosen of NHL.com: Flames coach Bob Hartley on the challenge ahead,
“My goal and my challenge is to create a new culture and new identity. That’s nothing negative to people that came before me, I’m the guy that has the mandate from ownership and when you come in you come in with your beliefs, your experiences and you mesh this with the people on your team. I worked with Jay Feaster in Hershey, so I know the expectations and I know the way that my GM will work. Before we get on the ice my job is to create that new identity and that new culture, get the guys all the on the same page, make them believers.
“While there is not a ticket available, we are in the entertainment business of winning hockey games and they always remember you if you win. My organizations gave me six championships in five leagues and with the meetings I have had with the players I feel confident that we can turn it around. Our goal is not to be in the playoffs — maybe that’s step one — but if you’re not there to win the Stanley Cup you should leave your job to someone else.”