- Scott Burnside of ESPN: 15 interesting free agents and possible landing spots.
1. Paul Stastny – Blues
2. Dan Boyle – Red Wings
3. Christian Ehrhoff – Lightning
4. Thomas Vanek – Wild
5. Ryan Miller – Canucks
6. Matt Niskanen – Capitals
7. Anton Stralman – Red Wings or Lightning
8. Matt Moulson – Islanders
9. Jussi Jokinen – Winnipeg
10. Jarome Iginla – Canadiens
11. Brad Richards – Predators
12. Jonas Hiller – Winnipeg
13. Mike Ribeiro – Predators or Blackhawks
14. Ville Leino – Predators
15. Steve Ott – Sabres
- Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly: A deal with the Panthers for Vincent Lecavalier fell through at the draft. They almost had a deal with the Predators as well. The Predators would have been fine with taking the full cap hit for half of Lecavalier’s contract, two of the four years.
- Bruce Garrioch: Five free agents Garrioch thinks the Senators will look at: Matt Moulson, Martin Havlat, Benoit Pouliot, Jussi Jokinen and keeping Milan Michalek.
- Darren Dreger: Brendan Shanahan continues to try to encourage Josh Gorges to accept a trade from the Canadiens to the Maple Leafs. He’s not having any luck yet, but there still is a chance.
- Hope Smoke: Nick Kypreos: “Gorges has a great reputation as a leader. I think they would have dearly loved to have brought him in” … “Not only could Gorges give you quality mins but he can give you something in leadership dept They have some questions on this team”
- Hope Smoke: Nick Kypreos: “For the Leafs to have traded Phaneuf at the draft or up until tomorrow he would have to sign off” … “My understanding is that it’s easier to move him after [the new deal kicks in]…” … “Because he has a list of 12 and they are free to move him outside of his list of 12″
- David Pollak: Don’t expects to see the Sharks actively go after any free agents tomorrow.
- Larry Brooks: When Burke was the GM in Toronto he offered to take Wade Redden and a first round pick from the Rangers after Redden’s first year in New York.