- Bob McKenzie: Islanders owner Charles Wang is in talks to sell his majority stake in the team. Nothing is done, and no telling if it will get done. Talks are underway.
- Randy Miller of NJ.com: Devils Martin Brodeur appears more certain that he will play another season, and he may be warming to the idea of playing somewhere other than in New Jersey. When asked if he’s pretty sure he’ll play next year: “I think so,” the goalie responded. He’ll talk it over with his family in the offseason.
“I want to make sure I want to play and everybody’s on board if we decide to make a move,” Brodeur said. “I just can’t think about me when I decide.”
“My kids want me to play,” Brodeur said. “Actually, the twins want me to go to Minnesota, the other wants me to go play for Ottawa.”
His twins are at Shattuck-St.Mary’s in Minneapolis and is oldest son Anthony plays for Gatineau of the QMJHL.
- Hope Smoke: Bob McKenzie: “I think Bryan Murray is really clear on Spezza. He wants him back. They can begin negotiating a new deal July 1st” … “There is not a burning desire for Murray in worrying about what Spezza will want.”
- George Richards: (guessing and responding to a question) … Thinks that the Panthers would go the trade route for a winger over signing a free agent.
- Hope Smoke: Doug MacLean: “Pretty well documented that the Sharks lose $15 mill a year.”
- John Shannon: Talks between the Sabres and Ted Nolan continue to get closer on a three year deal.
- Mike Harrington: Harrington (jokingly???) thinks it’s time to bubble wrap Ville Leino and tell him his season is over so he’s not.
- Igor Eronko: Talk is that Islanders prospect Kirill Petrov is willing to extend his Ak Bars KHL contract.