- Mark Spector: The Oilers are in hot pursuit of Paul Stastny. Safe to say that there are a lot of teams after him.
- Pierre LeBrun: Eight to 10 teams are on Thomas Vanek’s radar. The Wild are interested, but not interested in a long-term deal.
- Chris Botta: Pending UFA Matt Moulson is in a good position. Could get interest from contenders as well as floor teams like the Sabres and Islanders.
- David Pagnotta: Nothing new to report on the P.K. Subban and Montreal Canadiens contract talks. Talks will enter the formal stages this week.
- Aaron Portzline: Saying that talks are going slowly between the Blue Jackets and Ryan Johansen would be putting a positive spin on things. Sides are way apart.
Player/agent = “We’re not doing a bridge.”
Club = “We’re not going long-term.”
Player/agent = “OK, then, talk later.”
Club = “Yup.”
- Craig Custance: It only took teams about 10 minutes after word on Christian Ehrhoff’s buy out to start calling on him.
- Adrian Dater: Avs P.A. Parenteau is untradable.
- Adam Vingan: Hurricanes pending UFA Justin Peters’ agent has spoken with some teams that they would see as a fit. The Capitals were one of those teams.
- Josh Yohe: Thinks Jeff Zatkoff is a perfectly fine backup goaltender for Marc-Andre Fleury. Fleury doesn’t need a mentor.