- Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: The Wild will be talking with Thomas Vanek’s agent, but are also believed to significantly interested in Paul Stastny and Matt Niskanen. Both Stastny and Niskanen will want big, long-term deals, so they wouldn’t be able to get both. Vanek is also looking for a long-term deal, but his he wants to play of the Wild, he may have to settle on a shorter deal.
“I don’t think we’re absolutely entrenched on anything,” Bartlett said. “Vanek is a very confident guy, somebody that is, I think, going to look at everything – the financial side, the family side, the team side.
“I don’t think we have anything cast in stone come Wednesday or July 1.”
If the Wild don’t re-sign Clayton Stoner, they could pursue Kings Willie Mitchell. Cody McCormick and the Wild will talk today. The Wild continue to shop Kyle Brodziak.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Teams are interested in Dan Boyle.
“Good deal of interest, there are going to be good options for him,” Boyle’s agent, George Bazos, said Wednesday. “We’ll sift through it the next few days and see where it all leads.”
Players can’t sign until July first, but teams can layout the parameters of a potential deal.
“We’re just trying to figure out what the place for me would be and there’s definitely a few options out there,” Boyle said.
The 38-year old Boyle is looking for a two-year deal. Sources saying the Maple Leafs, Red Wings and Rangers are interested, with one sources saying the Leafs interest was “serious.” The Islanders remain interested. Rangers could be more interested in talks with Anton Stralman don’t go well.
Teams were calling Paul Stastny’s agent at 12:01 AM.
“Paul’s first choice is to re-sign in Colorado but we’ll listen to what teams have to say and make an informed decision,” Keator told ESPN.com on Wednesday morning.
The Blues were one of the teams calling on Stastny.
Panthers GM Dale Tallon is still listening to offers for the top pick.
“Not much new,” Tallon told ESPN.com. “There’s some offers from teams in the middle of the pack. But I want to stay top 10 if I can.”
The Canadiens and Brian Gionta continue to talk, with Gionta’s agent saying he was “cautiously optimistic” that they can get a deal done.
- Damien Cox: Sense in Philadelphia is that the Maple Leafs will make a strong push to bring winger Leo Komarov back. It will cost more than it would have last year.
- Dan Rosen: Red Wings coach Mike Babcock expects Ken Holland’s future contract extension to be worked out before his.
- Chris Johnston: On Ryan Malone’s buyout. He had a no-movement clause and chose to not go through the waiver process.
- Sam Carchidi: Flyers GM Ron Hextall hinting that he’s spoken with Vincent Lecavalier’s agent about a possible trade.