- Tom Powers of the Pioneer Press: The Wild would like to add some offense this offseason and have been tied to pending UFA Thomas Vanek for awhile. Powers wonders that with Vanek having a disappointing playoffs, if the Wild would be better off looking at Marian Gaborik if the Kings don’t re-sign him and he hits the open market. Gaborik is having a good playoff and the Minnesota management that he was feuding with before, have moved on.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Interview with Blues owner Tom Stillman.
Q: New ownership has pulled the trigger on several hefty contracts and signed off on some significant trades, but the moves didn’t produce the desired results. How will that affect your decision-making process in the future?
Stillman: I think that when we make decisions, we need to look forward for the most part. I feel that the vast majority of the decisions we’ve made have panned out very well. I believe Doug has done an excellent job in assembling this roster and putting together trades and contracts that have made us a much stronger team. You’re not going to hit a home run every time you try something. But I don’t think you can react to that by pulling your horns in too much and never doing anything again. I think that would be counter-productive.
- Renaud Lavoie: Steve Bartlett, Thomas Vanek’s agent, confirmed that Vanek will test the open market on July 1st. Vanek will still consider an offer from the Canadiens if he gets one.
- Aaron Portzline: Contract talks between the Blue Jackets and Ryan Johansen have started. Johansen’s camp have made a preliminary proposal.
- Adam Proteau: Joe Thornton’s agent has said that Joe wants to stay in San Jose.
- Brian Wilde: “Evander Kane is treated poorly in Winnipeg. They’ve at times press boxed him. But they still know he’s a big talent. Won’t come cheaply.”