- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: The Predators signed Olli Jokinen yesterday, but talks about bringing in Vincent Lecavalier could still be ongoing. Source saying that Flyers GM Ron Hextall and Predators GM David Poile revisited talks yesterday afternoon. The Predators remain interested, but nothing was imminent as of last night.
“We’ll keep looking at the situation and deal with it internally,” Hextall said. “As far as I’m concerned right now, Vinny Lecavalier could be in a Flyer uniform in September.
If the Flyers were to retain half of Lecavalier’s salary, they would have to eat a total of $7.25 million in salary and a $2.25 million salary cap hit in each of the next four seasons.
- Tim Panaccio: The Senators are wanting the Flyers to pick up some salary as well as something else for trading for him.
- Andy Strickland: All silent with regards to Douglas Murray.
- David Pagnotta: “As I stated days ago, same thing applies today. If SJ wants to trade Thornton, they should relay that msg to him. He won’t waive NMC anyway.”
- Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago: Teuvo Teravainen hopes to make the Blackhawks out of camp next year, but the odds may be against him.
“We’re going to see where he’s at when he gets to training camp,” Bowman said. ” obviously gives us an established player who has played many years in the NHL at an important position at center. Now we have some latitude with Teuvo. He’s going to dictate as to when he’s ready to go. We don’t have to force anything.
“It’s always nice when players make it known when they’re ready to be here. When that happens, we always accommodate them. We’ve seen it before with young players. Some of them take half a year. Some of them take one year. Some of them are ready right out of the gate. We don’t need to predict that one. We’ll just let it play out and be patient with it.”