Top 10 Trade Bait …
TSN: Top 10 trade bait list.
- Matt Duchene – Colorado Avalanche – one-year left on contract after this season.
2. Vadim Shipachyov – Vegas Golden Knights – one-year left on contract after this season.
3. Luca Sbisa – Vegas Golden Knights – pending UFA.
4. Mike Green – Detroit Red Wings – pending UFA with a NTC.
5. James Neal – Vegas Golden Knights – pending UFA with a NTC.
6. Thomas Vanek – Vancouver Canucks – pending UFA.
7. David Perron – Vegas Golden Knights – pending UFA with a NTC.
8. Griffin Reinhart – Vegas Golden Knights – one-year left on contract after this season.
9. Alec Martinez – Los Angeles Kings – three years left on contract after this season.
10. Rick Nash – New York Rangers – pending UFA with a NTC.
On the Vegas Golden Knights and Vadim Shipachyov …
Eric Engels: Shipachyov will report to the AHL after being assigned. His agent will continue to look for a trade.
Aaron Portzline: Have been told that the Blue Jackets are not a landing spot for Shipachyov.
Aivis Kalnins: SKA is open to bringing Vadim Shipachyov and back and plan to start talks with him. Note that SKA’s coach Olegs Znaroks is also the coach of Team Russia.
Aivis Kalnins: A statement from SKA on a potential Shipachyov return.
“At the moment, Vadim is under a two-year contract with the Club of the National Hockey League. Between the KHL and the NHL there is an agreement which forces both leagues to respect each other’s contracts, so now no legal preconditions for the return of Shipachyov in Russia does not exist. Shipachyov has valid NHL contract with the Club, The KHL clubs do not have the right to negotiate with either the player or his agent. This applies both to the SKA and other League clubs-taking into account the fact that in the KHL Shipachyov is an unrestricted free agent.”
“It hasn’t worked out yet, it may, it’s just taken him a little bit longer to assimilate, to adjust to the North American way of playing. It’s a smaller rink, it’s a faster game, and his pace of play hasn’t picked up yet. We’re trying to be patient.
We are in a bit of a jam here in terms of the number of people we have. So (I) decided I could assign him without putting him on waivers. We’ve done that to give us some breathing room for a little bit here.
He hasn’t reported yet but he may. His agent asked if I mind if he talk to some other teams, I said I don’t mind, so that’s where we are.”