SpOn Spencer Foo …
Craig Custance: Free agent Spencer Foo’s camp will meet today and go over all their options. The Detroit Red Wings and Calgary Flames are very much in it. A decision will likely be made today or tomorrow.
Jim Matheson: Spencer Foo will decide between the Red Wings, Vegas Golden Knights and Edmonton Oilers in the next few days. wonders if trading for Ryan Strome (RW) and drafting Kailer Yamamoto (RW) will hurt the Oilers chances.
Jim Matheson: Feeling that the Red Wings may have the inside track on Foo after he visited the city and the new arena.
On the Montreal Canadiens …
All About the Habs: Martin McGuire of 98.5 Sports reporting the Canadiens have reportedly offered Alex Galchenyuk a three or four year deal.
Jimmy Murphy: Source said: “The word on Markov is he’s looking for 2-yr deal worth $7 million. Wants to stay w/
#Habs but will talk to other teams.”
On the Winnipeg Jets …
Ted Wyman of the Winnipeg Sun: Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff had been trying to acquire a goaltender over the weekend. He thought he had a deal put together but it fell apart.
Free agency opens next Saturday.
“We’re going to be active obviously,” Cheveldayoff said at the conclusion of Saturday’s draft.
“We’re going to a take a look at whatever is available to us and if there’s a good opportunity there that can help us, we’ll jump at it. We can start talking to free agents at midnight tonight. We’ve got a list of names lined up to reach out to their representatives and see if we’re a fit for them as far as they want to consider us.”