- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Talks between the Avalanche and Paul Stastny are expected to begin at the NHL Awards next week in Las Vegas.The Panthers continue to listen to offers on the first overall pick.
“We’ve had one, maybe two, concrete offers,” Panthers GM Dale Tallon told ESPN.com. “About 8-10 teams have showed interest but at this point nothing I would do. We’ll see what happens next week.”
The Panthers hope to have coach in place by Monday.
- Jim Matheson: If the Oilers were looking to trade David Perron, it would be because it’s a workable contract at $3.8 million for teams that have extra defenseman. Buffalo would be an example.
- Anaheim Ducks: Ducks GM Bob Murray: “I’m not afraid to use them [assets and draft picks], but I won’t put ourselves behind the eight ball.”
- Chris Nichols: Elliotte Friedman said the Ducks are willing to pay more for Ryan Kesler now than they were at the trade deadline.
- Chris Nichols: Elliotte Friedman said that the Sharks are trying to get Joe Thornton to go and that he thinks Thornton is resisting. He’s wounded and only wants to go to a contender.
- Andy Strickland: The Panthers and Dmitry Kulikov haven’t been on the same page for awhile now and they could look to move him.
- News 1130 Sports: The Canucks will try to trade former first round pick Jordan Schroeder by the draft.