- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: Despite saying that the Sharks on in a “rebuild phase,” GM Doug Wilson still wants to win.
“I never lowered the expectations of making the playoffs, because we’re still a very good team,” Wilson said.
“I can understand when people say there are different types of rebuild,” he said. “We’re not going to finish last to try and draft people first or second. This is not something this franchise can do, because we already have some good players in key positions. You’re not going to see us with 50 points next year — we’re too good a team for that.”
- Tim Kavanagh of ESPN: Defenseman that could be available for trade this offseason:
1. Mike Green – the Avalanche and Red Wings have been mentioned as potential landing spots if the Capitals decide to trade him. If the Caps don’t move him this summer, and if they are out of contention at the trade deadline, they could trade him then.
2. Dion Phaneuf – carries a big cap hit and was rumored to be part of the Maple Leafs offer to the Panthers for the first overall pick at the 2014 draft.
3. Tyler Myers – Sabres GM Tim Murray isn’t actively shopping his young players, but added that he’d listen to offers. Offers would have to be huge. There have been rumors that the Canucks and Red Wings have had interest.
- Harvey Fialkov: Panthers GM Dale Tallon said they are very close on a deal with defenseman Dmitri Kulikov.