- Mike Zeisberger of the Toronto Sun: Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis on the draft.
“There are some players we rank higher and have interest in,” the Leafs general manager said Tuesday.
The Leafs interviewed both Sam Bennett and Aaron Ekblad at the NHL Combine.
“It’s a deep draft — that’s why you have four teams at the top open to trading down,” Nonis said. “We’re confident of getting a good player at No. 8 if we stay there.”
- Rich Chere of the Star-Ledger: There are rumors that Adam Larsson is planning on returning to Sweden next season instead of re-signing with the Devils. GM Lou Lamoriello doesn’t think it will happen
“I don’t have any knowledge of that,” Lamoriello said.
He denied there is any concern over losing Larsson.
“Not at all,” Lamoriello said.
- Mark Spector of SportsNet: Flames GM Brad Treliving.
“I’ll say this,” Treliving said after six weeks of examining the depth charts here. “There are more interesting assets here than I thought there were. Now we haven’t played a gamesince I’ve been here yet either.”
The door isn’t closed with bringing Mike Cammalleri back as they continue to talk with his agent.
- Neil Greenberg: “I will never understand trade proposals out there that include Green for a dman. The blueline isn’t exactly a strength for this #Caps roster.”
- Corey Masisak: Before the Final, would have guessed that Anton Stralman would get a four or five year deal at $5 million per season. May not be enough now.