- Chris Ryndak of Sabres.com: Sabres Chris Stewart knows his name will be in the rumor mill and that he could be on the move again.
“I don’t think it’s going to take that long to turn it around here. Obviously you’re subject to all those trade rumors and all the stuff like that, but that’s out of my control,” Stewart said. “Like I’ve said before, as long as I’m a Buffalo Sabre, I’m just going to worry about helping this team win hockey games and that’s all that’s on my mind.”
- TSN: There will likely be some changes in Montreal. Re-signing P.K. Subban will be their biggest priority. Canadiens UFAs: Andrei Markov, Brian Gionta, Thomas Vanek, Mike Weaver, Francis Bouillon, Douglas Murray and George Parros. Vanek has repeatedly said he’ll test the market and they’ll have to decide if they want to bid for him. Bouillon may have reached the end of his playing career. Peter Budaj has one year left on his deal at $1.4 million, but was passed over by Dustin Tokarski during the playoffs.
- Ken Wiebe: Alex Burmistrov’s agent said he’ll play next year with Ak Bars Kazan of the KHL. His agent did leave the door open for a possible NHL return after next season.
- Dejan Kovacevic: “Repeat after me: Trades are not punitive. Trades are not punitive. Goal is to get value back. Also, ALL Scuderi trade proposals = LOL.”
- Dejan Kovacevic: Been told to expect a new Penguins GM by early/middle of next week. William DePaoli: Pierre McGuire had his second interview with the Penguins yesterday.
- Michael Russo: The Wild are close to signing head coach Mike Yeo to multi-year contract.