- Erik Erlendsson: Price range for Lightning’s Steven Stamkos’ next contract is now set after Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane signed their eight year, $84 million contracts.
- HabsLinks: Bob McKenzie said on TSN 690 radio that P.K. Subban’s salary cap hit will end up between $8 and $9 million.
- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: Sharks Jason Demers filed for salary arbitration last week, but they hope to signed.
“We’ll get him under contract — it’s just trying to find a middle ground that works for him and works for us as far as dollars and term,” Wilson said. “He’s another guy who had a good season, probably wasn’t overly pleased with his playoffs but will learn from it.”
- Andy Strickland: Blues RFA Jaden Schwartz doesn’t have any negotiating rights, which is why either side has been in a rush to get a deal done. With rookie camp ending today, they’ll continue contract discussions soon.
- News 1130 Sports: Canucks goalie prospect Jocim Eriksson has a clause in his contract that allows him to return to Europe if he’s sent to the AHL. His agent, Anton Thun, said he’ll be talking with the Canucks about Eriksson’s future.
- Jonas Siegel: Maple Leafs prospect Andreas Johnson said he’ll return to the Swedish league next year if he doesn’t make Leafs.