- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Sources saying the list of teams interested in trading for Ryan Kesler has grown. The Ducks and Blackhawks have been the front-runners all week, but despite more teams interested, does he want to go there?
As of late yesterday afternoon, about 15 teams inquired about Paul Stastny. The Blues, Jets and Blackhawks are among the teams. Jets interest is legit. Not sure how the Blackhawks could afford Stastny as they are telling teams he’s not looking for a paycut from his $6.66 million cap hit this past season.
With Dany Heatley’s $7.5 million cap hit off the books, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher can get back in the game.
“Yes, it’s nice to be able to get involved more, I spoke with several agents yesterday,” Fletcher told ESPN.com on Thursday morning.
Sources say Thomas Vanek was among the players Fletcher talked too. As of late yesterday afternoon, sources say eight to 10 teams called on Vanek.
“If we don’t re-sign [winger] Matt Moulson and [defenseman] Clayton Stoner, then we have to replace those players,” Fletcher said of his two pending UFAs. “In an ideal world, we’re looking for a guy who can chip in offensively up front and a fifth/sixth defenseman. Obviously there’s options in both those areas where the price tag might vary a little bit.”
- Joe Haggerty: Bruins pending UFA Jarome Iginla’s agent has started talking to other teams about potentially playing there next season. John Shannon: The only way Iginla remains in Boston is if they move out some bodies. Would it be worth trading Johnny Boychuk or Gregory Campbell just to keep Iginla?
- Joe Haggerty: Several teams have shown interest in Shawn Thornton.
- Benoit Lavoie: About 10 teams have shown interest in Rangers Benoit Pouliot. He is looking for a long-term deal.
- News 1130 Sports: Oilers GM Craig MacTavish: “Size is a factor. It’s no secret we play in a big conference, and we need size to compete.”
- Cap Geek: Canadiens Andre Markov received a full no-trade clause for this season, and a modified no-trade clause for his final two seasons. Hurricanes Ron Hainsey received a modified no-trade clause.