- George Richards: Panthers Roberto Luongo didn’t come back after the first period after getting hit by Radek Dvorak.
- John Vogl: Sabres Ville Leino left last night’s game with light-headedness according to coach Ted Nolan.
- Mike Chambers: Avs John Mitchell is not ready to go just yet. Skated yesterday and looks healthy.
- George Richards: Panthers Tom Gilbert will be out for the rest of the season after having sports hernia surgery.
- Senators.NHL: Bobby Ryan underwent sports hernia surgery yesterday in Montreal. He’ll be out for the remainder of the season.
“Bobby has been dealing with the discomfort of this injury since it was sustained in November,” said Senators general manager Bryan Murray. “Both Bobby and our medical staff were hopeful that we could hold off from having surgery until the completion of the season, but he aggravated the condition last Saturday in Dallas to the point that surgery is now the only option.”
- Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington: Capitals Nicklas Backstrom left Tuesday’s game with a shoulder issue, but after yesterday’s practice said that he’ll “absolutely” play tomorrow. Mikhail Grabovski, who has been out for 21 of 22 games with a left ankle injury, said he ready to return tomorrow. It will be up the Caps medical and coaches to determine if he plays. Defenseman Jack Hillen should be in the lineup. Brooks Laich is hopeful he’ll be able to return to the lineup before the end of the season after having groin surgery on March 17th.