- The Fourth Period: Kings GM Dean Lombardi has been active in his search for a top-six goal scoring forward and a top-four defenseman. They have been eyeing Andrew MacDonald and Christian Ehrhoff.
The Kings have been interested in Matt Moulson. Others interested in Moulson include the Senators, Ducks, Coyotes, Devils and Bruins. The Sabres are looking for a first and a prospect as part of package for Moulson. Sources saying the Sabres like Kings Tyler Toffoli.
The Kings have also looked at Thomas Vanek, Mike Cammalleri, Ryan Kesler and Marian Gaborik. The price for Vanek may be too high for the Kings and the Canucks are not really interested in trading Kesler to a team within division. Cammalleri may be a last resort for the Kings.
The Kings have scouted the Blue Jackets recently, and had two scouts scheduled in Toronto last night to watch Gaborik.
- Dennis Bernstein: A Matt Moulson deal could also expand to include Christian Ehrhoff, would fit both of their needs.
- Dennis Bernstein: The Kings are still interest in Islanders Andrew MacDonald. The cost is a draft pick (not a first round pick) and a decent prospect. There is lots of competition for MacDonald.
- Dennis Bernstein: The Kings had two scouts watching Gaborik, but Kings trying hard to land Moulson though.
- Chris Botta: The Kings have inquired about Tomas Vanek, but are looking at Matt Moulson and others. The Kings have the assets.
- Dennis Bernstein: (answering question) Have not heard any Sean Bergenheim rumors to Kings. Could be a last resort.