- Rich Chere: Devils Jaromir Jagr said he hasn’t thought about the trade deadline: “It’s the last thing on my mind to go anywhere, but I don’t have control over that. I don’t have a no-trade clause in my contract. I guess I’m the only one.”
- Mark Masters: Pending UFA Dave Bolland with the trade deadline approaching: “Whatever happens happens. If it’s staying here it’s staying here, that’s my goal.”
- Hope Smoke: Bob McKenzie on That’s Hockey: “I think Bolland will be looking for $4.5 to $5 million a year this summer” … “Maybe even $5 plus for Bolland. It gets complicated. Toronto might try to get him at Bozak $ Bolland will ask for Clarkson $” … “Leafs have to decide what their centre ice core is going to look for. Can you afford to pay Bolland if you have Bozak & Kadri?” … “Can Bolland be a 3rd line C and ask for 2nd line money, or is he a 2nd line centre? That’s what the Leafs need to find out”
- Tony Marinaro: The Canadiens have offered defenseman Andrei Markov a one year contract extension worth just over $6 million. Markov is looking for a three year deal. GM Marc Bergevin wants to go one year at a time.
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger: “Toronto is going to be reasonably active leading up to the deadline perhaps looking for something bigger.” … “Kadri and Gardiner may still be traded but that’s only for a perfect return”
- Craig Custance of ESPN: Leo Komarov hopes to return to the KHL when his contract with Dynamo is done:
“Yes, Leo wants to get back to the NHL,” Mark Gandler wrote in an email. “He’ll be able to do it starting with the next season. However, we will not talk to NHL teams until the end of his season with Dynamo. I think there will be a lot of interest from the NHL clubs.”
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger: “I think we need to be respectful as to why Komarov left. Yes he wanted $ but he also wanted a good chance to play in the Olympics” … “If the Leafs have interest, I’m sure Komarov has interest in coming back. Based on how he plays though other teams will as well”