- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: Flyers pending UFA Steve Downie will have to use the next five weeks to determine if he fits with the Flyers, if they’ll want to re-sign him and how much money he’ll make. Adam Hall is the Flyers only other pending UFA forward.
- Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun: Recently acquired Ales Hemsky isn’t thinking about if he’ll re-sign with the Senators or not.
“It’s not even worth it to talk about it right now,” Hemsky said Monday morning. “I just focus for the game and try to help this team make the playoffs. What I will do after, I’ll see.”
- Rich Chere: Devils Jaromir Jagr said that they are his first choice for next year, but there haven’t been any talks yet.
- Dave Isaac: Kimmo Timonen said he’ll consider retirement again this summer. Sounded like playing next year is a possibility. Sam Carchidi: Timonen added that he’s been hanging around as he wants to get his name on the Stanley Cup.
- Sam Carchidi: There is talk that Martin Brodeur wants to play another year and that the Wild could be a destination for him.
- The Fourth Period: The Denver post is reporting that Avalanche could be hosting an outdoor game at Coors Field next season. TFPs David Pagnotta has reported that the NHL plans on hosting four outdoor games next year. The Bruins are expected to get a game at Gillette Stadium either next year or the following year. The Jets are expected to get a game in the next year or two.