- Columbus Dispatch Audio: Dispatch hockey writers talk about the Rick Nash trade.
- Sarah Baicker via twitter: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on the Flyers interest in Nash: “We stuck our toe on the water at the trade deadline, a little bit again at the draft … ” “...Kind of hanging around the outside.”
- The Fourth Period: GM Holmgren confirmed the Flyers are close to re-signing Jakub Voracek to a multi-year deal.
- The Fourth Period: Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke told Darren Dreger that he hasn’t even held talks with the LA Kings recently.
Dreger tweeted: “Ok…I’ll weigh in from Sask on speculation Leafs are closing in on Bernier deal. Burke says they’re not even talking with LA. As you were,”
The Blue Jackets and Devils have also expressed in Jonathan Bernier.
- Jason Gregor via twitter: Lubomir Visnovsky’s contract had a modified clause that as of May 15th, the team could request him to send a list of 10 teams he’d accept a trade too. The issue may be that he never sent a list in. Gregor thinks that may the Ducks felt because he didn’t send a list in, he was breaking the deal.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: The Sun confirms that Daniel Alfredsson is working out in Sweden as talks between GM Bryan Murray and his agent are ongoing regarding a 1 year contract extension. Alfredsson is scheduled to only make $1 million next, hence why they are talking contract extension. If he signs a deal with a signing bonus, and then decides to retire at the end of next season, it doesn’t count against the salary cap as it’s only a 1 year deal and not multi-year. The current CBA over-35 rule doesn’t apply. The Senators have been trying to get a top 6 forward and have set sights on Bobby Ryan, though it’s a longshot.
- Ansar Khan of MLive: Red Wings GM Ken Holland said they don’t have a policy against offer sheets, just believes they do no good since the team is bound to match it.
- L.A. Lariviere via twitter: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren declined to comment on whether he’d consider offering P.K. Subban an offer sheet.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets Brandon Dubinsky on trade rumors: “It’s a relief. I’m not going to have to deal with those … at least for the next month or so.”
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Michal Repik told Sport.cz that he’s fed up with being stuck in the minors despite playing well and that he didn’t get the trade he requested.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Fabian Brunnstrom signed a 3 year deal with Frolunda.