- Philadelphia Flyers: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren’s statement on Claude Giroux’s injury.
“Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux had successful surgery this afternoon on his right index finger performed by Dr. Katherine Boyd at the Ottawa Civic Hospital in Ottawa, Canada. Giroux was golfing today when his golf club shattered and splintered into his index finger. Although there were no broken bones, there was some damage to his extensor tendons in his finger. He is expected to have a full recovery in 5-6 weeks.”
- Frank Seravalli: Giroux said that the club hit the ground well before the ball, which caused the shaft to shatter.
- Greg Wyshynski: Gary Bettman said that the speculation on the sale price for the Devils has mostly been wrong. Tom Gulitti: Bettman said there has been speculation on how much debt the Devils have and “most of its been wrong.”
- Mike Harrington: The Sabres had a 97 percent season ticket renewal, boost their cap to 16,000.
- Shawn Mitchell: Blue Jackets defenseman Dalton Prout is expected to be out for six weeks after having surgery to repair an abdominal tear.
- TSN: Canadiens prospect Nathan Beaulieu and his father pleaded guilty to assault and were granted conditional discharges.
“That means that there is no conviction registered,” Ducharme said. “The court accepts their taking responsibility for it, but instead of convicting the accused they gave each of them a discharge.”
Both were charged with assault after an altercation at a house party in April. The two people who were assaulted received minor injuries.
- Renaud Lavoie: Gabriel Landeskog got a modified no trade clause in his new deal.