- Jeff Marek: According to Elliott Friedman, the Calgary Flames have offered their three first round pick to the Colorado Avalance for the first over all pick, with the Avs saying no. (the Flames have the 6th, 22nd and 28th pick)
- Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun: The Maple Leafs will use one of their compliance buyouts on Mike Komisarek. They won’t buyout John-Michael Liles.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Senators Daniel Alfredsson hasn’t really started the process of deciding whether he’ll play next season or retire.
“I’ve just allowed myself to take it easy, spend some time with the family, to relax, get a feeling of how my body feels, how I feel.”
The Senators won’t be rushing Alfredsson.
“It’s his decision,” said MacLean. “It’s not my decision. After the years he’s put in here, he’s earned that right. A lot of times the decision was made for me and I didn’t get to make the decision. It was made for me, ‘You’re done.’
“That happens to a lot of guys. What Daniel has done, and his body of work in the league, he’s one of those people where you let him decide.”
- Igor Eronko: Kirill Petrov has a year left on his KHL deal, but the Islanders have ensured him a roster spot.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: Multiple sources saying that Alain Vigneault and the Rangers have an agreement in principle and may be finalized tomorrow.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: The Senators and Paul MacLean have held talks about a contract extension and it should be done soon.
- Hockey Night in Canada Hotstove: