- Sarah McLellan: Coyotes Oliver Ekman-Larson will arrive in camp today.
- Katie Carrera: Capitals Mikhail Grabovski’s visa situation will be resolved and he’ll be at practice on Sunday.
- Andrew Gross: Rangers assistant coach Scott Arniel said there never was really any problem between him and Derrick Brassard. It was more due to the situation “created” by his agent Allan Walsh.
- Jeremy Rutherford: Alex Pietrangelo’s contract comes with a no-trade clause for the entire length of the deal.
- James Mirtle of the Globe and Mail: The Maple Leafs may be considering using tough guy Frazer McLarenon the penalty kill this season.
“Frazer McLaren did kill penalties in the American Hockey League for the Worcester IceCats. And we knew that and we have evidence of that over the course of his young career.”
“That’s where the growth is possible for him to take the next step,” Carlyle said. “To use him in the exhibition season killing penalties. He’s had that role before at the lower level.
“Is it time to experience that now? Give him a little bit of opportunity? We’re not afraid to do that with those guys.”