- Adrian Dater: Patrick Roy told Dater what their top three line for next season could be: Ryan O’Reilly-Matt Duchene-P.A. Parenteau, Gabe Landeskog-Paul Stastny-Alex Tanguay, Jamie McGinn-Nathan MacKinnon-Steve Downie.
- Josh Cooper: Predators GM David Poile said there is nothing finalized yet with Sergei Kostitsyn and Omsk.
- John Vogl: Sabres GM Darcy Regier said again that they won’t be using a compliance buyout this year.
- Tery Koshan: 211 players taken yesterday. 96 Canadians, 57 Americans, 23 Swedes, 11 Finns, 8 Russians.
- Pierre LeBrun: People with knowledge of the Glendale situation predict a wild finish with the vote on Tuesday. It could go either way. If they are to re-locate, LeBrun thinks Seattle is the most likely destination. Andy Strickland: Strickland has been told that even if the Coyotes deal is voted down, the team may not be going anywhere next season.
- Joe Haggerty: Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli on Tyler Seguin:
“He’s got to commit his mind and focus to the one task at hand,” Chiarelli said. “He’s got to become more of a professional. You know what? I can say that about a lot of 21-year-olds.
“I know he got criticized for playing on the periphery and all that stuff. He did. He’s got to commit to being a professional and focusing on the game. Simple as that. He does that, we don’t expect him to be crashing and banging. Just play your game.”