- Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Evgeni Malkin is not skating or working out due to an undisclosed injury and is still a few days away.
“I know I’ve said that before,” Johnston said of the four-to-five-day timeline. “It just seems to be one of those things where, if I believed it was going to be long term, I’d tell you it was long term. I believe it’s not going to be long term. But it’s still a few days away before he’s going to be able to work out and be on the ice.”
- Dave Molinari: The Penguins should know in a few days if Robert Bortuzzo’s injury is significant.
- Will DePaoli: Penguins Beau Bennett suffered an apparent knee injury yesterday morning.
- Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly: Flyers Sean Couturier (upper-body) and Ray Emery (lower-body) are day-to-day and not considered serious according to GM Ron Hextall. Pierre-Edouard Bellemare is also day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
- Pat Leonard: Rangers Ryan Malone is day-to-day with a hip flexor.
- Joe Haggerty: There is no update on Bruins Gregory Campbell, who hasn’t skated during camp with a mid-core injury. Anthony Camara is out with an undisclosed illness.
- Chris Johnston: Henrik Tallinder (on a PTO with the Leafs) dislocated his left shoulder.
- Craig Morgan of FOX Sports Arizona: Coyotes 2014 1st round pick Brendan Perlini was to have surgery yesterday on his hand that was injured from a slash. No timetable has been set. Mark Visentin is still out with a leg injury.
- Ansar Khan: Red Wings defenseman Ryan Sproul remains off the ice with a shoulder strain.