- Jeremy Rutherford: The Blues re-signed Patrik Berglund to a one-year, $3.25 million deal.
- Tom Gulitti of the Bergon Record: Starting July 3rd at noon, teams are allowed to start talking to UFAs and RFA for a “interview period” as part of the new CBA. Players are not allowed to sign until July 5th at noon. It will be tight lipped out of New Jersey as usual on how talks are going with most of their free agents. UFA David Clarkson on his agents talks with GM Lou Lamoriello.
“I know my agent and Mr. Lamoriello have been talking, but I don’t think they’ve gotten too deep into specifics yet,” Clarkson said. “Right now, I’m just waiting to see what happens. I’ll probably know more after the next few days.”
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Red Wings free agent Damien Brunner “loves Detroit” and his agent said that he “will sign longer than one year.” Brunner had a strong first half (10 goals in 19 games) but tailed off in the second (finished with 12 goals in 44 games). They will meet this weekend with Ken Holland, with the issue of money remaining.
“We’ve had discussions,” Sheehy said. “We’re scheduled to talk again in New Jersey this weekend.”
“Those are always issues,” Sheehy said. “If you have a long track record, it makes it easier. Nonetheless, he’s a good player. We’ll see where talks go.”
- Darren Dreger: Sources saying the Oilers have offered Sam Gagner a multi-year contract extension. Still work to get done. Ryan Rishaug: Sides are progressing towards a deal, but there is still lots to get done.
- Joe Haggerty of CSNNE: A source with knowledge of the contract talks between the Bruins and Tuukka Rask said that Carey Price’s 6-year, $39 million deal “is the starting point for negotiations.” Rask will be looking for $6.5 million going forward. The Bruins are also looking to get a deal done for Patrice Bergeron.
- Josh Rimer: Blackhawks free agent Bryan Bickell on if he’ll be re-signing: “I definitely hope so, I see the city as my 2nd home & love playing here” .. “I want to be back for sure. My agent and i will talk in the next couple days.”
- Todd Cordell: According to @BroadStBull (Sam Carchidi) the Flyers are expected to target UFA David Clarkson.