- Josh Rimer: Hearing that the Hurricanes are waiting for the playoffs to end as Ulf Samuelsson is their leading candidate for their vacant heading coaching position.
- Aaron Ward: The Hurricanes have not narrowed their coaching candidates down to one.
- Harvey Fialkov of Sun-Sentinel: The Panthers are talking with five to seven head coaching candidates, with Tom Renney being one of the candidates. Renney has been an associate coach with the Red Wings for the past two seasons.
- Randy Miller of NJ.com: The Flyers have only offered 3rd round draft pick Tyrell Goulbourne an AHL offer, but he’s looking for a two-way deal. Goulbourne has said he’d be okay of going back to Kelowna of the WHL as an overager. He’ll attend their prospect camp in July. If the Flyers don’t sign him, they’ll still hold his rights.
- Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun: Senators prospect Curtis Lazar thinks he ready to make the jump next year.
“I feel I’m ready for that next step, but then again, I’ve got to talk to the Senators. I want to talk to Bryan Murray, I want to talk to (assistant GMs) Randy Lee and Pierre Dorion, and sort of get a feel for what they want from me this summer, and then just go into camp with an open mind.”