- Robert Tychkowski of the Edmonton Sun: Oilers Ryan Jones when asked where he’ll be playing next season: “Not here.”
“When you look at the team and you look at me, it’s that time for both,” said the 29-year-old. “They haven’t said anything to me, but when you look at the organization you can say maybe it’s time for them to not bring me back and I totally understand that.
“And, from my side, I think it’s the right time for me to kind of seek other opportunities.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Senators Milan Michalek would like to return next year, but doesn’t know if he is in their plans.
“I like it here but I also understand I didn’t have good season so I don’t know what’s going to happen,” said Michalek before Tuesday’s visit here.
“I don’t know whether they want to re-sign me or not. I really like it here, the guys in the room and the city, so I would like to stay here if possible. We’ll see what happens.”
- Dennis Bernstein: When asked what are the chances Marian Gaborik re-signs with the Kings: “Good and better with strong playoff. I’d rather deal for Evander Kane.
- The Fourth Period: The Sabres will have to decide this if they want to buy out the remaining four years of Ville Leino’s contract. This is the final year teams can use their compliance buyouts (not counting against the salary cap). The Sabres still have the option to buy out two players.
- Bob McKenzie on NHL Live yesterday