- Chad Graff: There is no truth to the rumor that the Wild made an offer to the Sabres for Ryan Miller.
- myNHLTradeRumors: Nick Kypreos said on HC @ Noon that the Capitals are kicking tires on Ryan Miller.
- Neil Greenberg: Kevin Weekes on Sabres Ryan Miller: “I also see [#Caps] being a potential fit. Both St. Louis & WSH have young goalies in return as assets.” The Capitals have $750, 128 in cap space to absorb Miller’s $6.25 million salary cap hit. Greenberg doesn’t see how Miller fits with the Capitals without creating another hole in their roster.
- Hope Smoke: Nick Kypreos: ”I think Cam Ward needs a change of scenery”
- Craig Custance of ESPN: Panthers GM Dale Tallon has no desire to trade Tim Thomas at the deadline unless Thomas approaches him.
“No,” he said during a Monday afternoon phone conversation. “No. But if he came to me and wanted to move, that’s a different story. I have no intention of moving him.”
Thomas on the situation.
“I’ve done some thinking, but I’m going to keep it to myself until I talk to the team,” Thomas said when I asked him how he’ll approach the trade deadline.
- Rich Chere of the Star-Ledger: Devils Martin Brodeur on if he’d be surprised if the Devils ask him to waive his no-trade clause.
“No, not at all,” Brodeur told The Star-Ledger on Tuesday. “It’s within the team’s rights to try and make themselves better. The fact is, I have the luxury to decide what I want to do. I hope if he (Lamoriello) is able to help the team, he’ll ask, regardless of what it is. It’s definitely something that is possible.”
He wouldn’t be insulted, and it might give him an opportunity to play more.
“I don’t know how I’d feel. I don’t know where I’m at with that,” Brodeur said with honesty. “I don’t know what I’d think if it were to happen. I definitely would like to play more, so if there is a chance somewhere…
“But I’m not looking for that. I want to make sure this team gets on a playoff run. We’ll see what happens, but stranger things have happened.”