- Ken Warren: Bob McKenzie is saying that Senators owner Eugene Melnyk and GM Bryan Murray were in New York to meet with the NHL about Melnyk’s forensic investigation on Erik Karlsson’s Achilles injury last season that was caused by a Matt Cooke hit.
- Hope Smoke: Bob McKenzie: “Melnyk has been up front the entire time that he believes Cooke injured Karlsson intentionally and that he will prove it” … “I have no idea how Melnyk plans on doing so”
- Michael Russo: Source saying that whatever happened in the meeting with the league, it will not affect Matt Cooke or the Wild.
- Calgary Flames: Brian Burke: “I am perplexed by this fine. I stand behind Bob Hartley completely in this regard and remain confident that he acted properly in every aspect of this game.”
- Mark Spector: Canucks Kevin Bieksa will not face supplementary discipline for his role in Saturday’s hallway incident between John Tortorella and the Flames.
- Edmonton Oilers: Part of Oilers owner, Daryl Katz’s letter to fans:
To Oilers Fans Everywhere:
We all thought this was going to be the year the Oilers turned the corner. Obviously, that hasn’t happened, and it hurts. It’s frustrating – for all of us. For our fans, for our players and staff, and for everyone in our community who shares a common bond around a game, a team and a city that we love.
I know this will almost certainly be the eighth consecutive year since we made the playoffs. I hate that fact as much as anyone, but the reality is that this is only year four of the rebuild that started when we drafted Taylor Hall. The good news, if you can call it that, is that other teams that committed to fundamental rebuilds went through the same kind of droughts over the same kind of time frames, or longer. That doesn’t make it fun for anyone; it just means we have to stay the course.
- Rich Chere: Cory Schneider will start in net for the Devils against the Blues.
- Adrian Dater via Sulia: Avs Semyon Varlamov will start tonight and on Friday. J.S. Giguere will start on Saturday.
- Wayne scanlan: The Senators recall Stephane Da Costa from the AHL to replace the injured Mark Stone.
- Renaud Lavoie: The Canadiens recall Louis Leblanc from the AHL.