- Dave Isaac: Chris Pronger is coaching his kids team and hasn’t “regressed in 3 or 4 months.”
- Bruce Garrioch: Senators Jason Spezza didn’t practice yesterday morning. Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Spezza pulled a muscle last week in Boston. The Senators don’t play again until Wednesday.
- Mark Stepneski: Stars Aaron Rome left last night’s game with an upper-body injury. Rome is expected to be out a week according to Lindy Ruff.
- Rob Mixer: The Blue Jackets hope to have Matt Calvert back in the lineup on Monday.
- Chip Alexander: Hurricanes Eric Staal was injured against the Capitals. He tried to play through in the injury in their game against the Islanders, but wasn’t able too.
- Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Penguins Paul Martin skated yesterday for the first time since breaking his tibia on November 25th. Chris Conner is expected to be out for six to eight weeks after having surgery on his broken hand. Chuck Kobasew is day-to-day with a lower-body injury. Jayson Megna (lower-body) skated for the first time since his injury on December 16th.
- CP in the Globe and Mail: Maple Leafs David Clarkson (lower-body) and Carl Gunnarsson(upper-body) left last night’s game with injuries.
“Both players were taken out,” Carlyle said. “With Gunnarsson he fell awkwardly, an upper body. Clarkson blocked the shot, couldn’t get the pain to settle down, so we lost two players. It just seemed to magnify that we weren’t skating to get inside, and we didn’t check.”