- Bruce Garrioch: Bruins Dennis Seidenberg will miss the rest of the season after tearing his ACL and MCL.
- Lou Korac: The Blues have put Alex Steen on the IR with a concussion. He’s out indefinitely. He has been able to exercise. Andy Strickland: Steen visited a specialist on December 26th.
- Josh Yohe: Wouldn’t be a surprise if Evgeni Malkin played today.
- Tom Gulitti: Islanders John Tavares missed last night’s game with a lower-body injury.
- Jamie Erdahl: Bruins Carl Soderberg got ”dinged up, feeling some symptoms.” He didn’t travel with the team.
- Adam Vingan: Capitals Brooks Laich (groin) traveled with the team. Michael Latta (lower-body) won’t be traveling with the team.
- Larry Brooks: Rangers Marc Staal has been ruled of today’s game. Target is likely Friday against the Penguins.
- Aaron Vickers: Flames defenseman Dennis Wideman practiced yesterday morning.
- Shawn McKenzie: Senators Jason Spezza (lower-body) and Chris Phillips (foot) missed last night’s game.
- Jeremy Rutherford: Blues David Backes suffered an upper-body injury last night and will be re-evaluated today.
- Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe: Bruins Zdeno Chara missed last night’s game with an undisclosed injury.
- Ansar Khan of MLive: Red Wings Jimmy Howard is certain he’ll return on Monday. Darren Helm(sprained left shoulder) isn’t sure when he’ll return.
“Not to where I wanted it to be at this stage,” Helm said Saturday, after the morning skate at the BB&T Center. “I thought I was going to be questionable for the last game before the break and I thought for sure I’d be ready for tonight, but that’s not the case.
“Just see how it goes tonight, tomorrow and hopefully can find a way to get better.”
Johan Franzen is still experiencing headaches and dizziness.
- Joe Yerdon of Pro Hockey Talk: Rangers defenseman Anton Stralman will miss some time with an undisclosed injury. Alain Vigneault doesn’t expect it to be serious at this time.
- Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: Wild’s Zach Pariseis day-to-day with a lower-body injury, but it’s not sounding like he’ll be back soon.
“If he’s not a game player, I want to keep him off the ice completely and give him a good chance to heal,” coach Mike Yeo said before Friday’s game against the Jets.