- Ansar Khan: Red Wings GM Ken Holland said that Henrik Zetterberg will be ready for their game on December 29th. They are hoping that Jimmy Howard is ready to return either on December 30th or January 1st.
- George Sipple: Red Wings GM Ken Holland said that Stephen Weiss (groin) will see a specialist in Philadelphia on Friday. He won’t be skating anytime soon.
- Sean Fitz-Gerald: Maple Leafs Tyler Bozak hopes to be able to return on December 29th.
- Stephen Harris of the Boston Herald: Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli on Loui Eriksson (concussion).
“We’re careful with that,” the GM said. “I talked to Loui a little bit (Monday). He’s coming along, but he’s still experiencing symptoms. With that type of injury, you see slow improvements, and that’s what Loui is going through right now. So I don’t know what the time period would be.”
Defenseman Adam McQuaid (suspected groin injury) may be held out until after Christmas to give him the extra time to heal.
“They just want to make sure when I come back, after I’ve taken off all this time, (that I don’t) come back a little bit too soon (and) re-aggravate it again,” McQuaid said. “It’s about making sure I’m ready, and it (will not) affect me again.
“I’m pretty close. Each day I do a little more. It’s just about how I react to it. I hope it will continue to be positive and I’ll be back soon. It’s been tough to be patient with this.”
- Lou Korac: Blues Ryan Reaves is still hoping initial six week assessment is right, would have him returning towards the end of the first week in January.
- Adrian Dater via Sulia: Avs coach Patrick Roy is “leaning” to having Ryan Wilson back in the lineup on Saturday. Alex Tanguay may start skating early next week.
- Pittsburgh Penguins: Jayson Megna will be out six weeks.
- Bruce Garrioch: Senators Mika Zibanejad left last night’s game with an upper-body injury.
- TSN Radio: Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said that Jonathan Bernier is nursing an ailment.
- Kevin Kurz of CSN Bay Area: Sharks Tomas Hertl is likely going to be out a bit after taking a knee-on-knee hit from Dustin Brown.
“Nothing. I haven’t gone in there to see the trainers or talk to the doctors,” McLellan said. “Obviously, he didn’t return, and that’s not a good thing. But, other than that, I can’t give you anything more.”