- Mike Halford: Penguins Evgeni Malkin will miss their next two games.
- Brad Ziemer: Canucks coach John Tortorella on Alex Edler: ”He’s still a ways away. I can’t even say day to day. It’s after the (Xmas) break and who knows where from there.”
- Minnesota Wild: Wild goalie Josh Harding was put on the IR and they have recalled Johan Gustafsson.
“Over the next week, Josh will make a minor adjustment to his treatment protocol,” Wild General Manager Chuck Fletcher said. “Josh feels great and he looks forward to rejoining our team for our game in Winnipeg on Dec. 27.”
- Courier Post: Flyers Brayden Schenn does not have a concussion and could play tonight. Marc Narducci: Schenn said he has some stiffness in his upper back and neck, but no concussion symptoms.
- Tim Panaccio: Flyers Vinny Lecavalier is still two-three weeks away according to GM Paul Holmgren.
- David Alter: Maple Leafs Trevor Smith broke his hand and will but put on the IR. Jonas Siegel: Dreger said that he could be out for two months. Jared Smithson will fill in for the time being.
- Ansar Khan of MLive: Red Wings Justin Abdelkader skated yesterday. His headaches and dizziness are gone. He isn’t sure when he’ll be cleared to return, but is hoping for Monday. Deryk Engelland was suspended for five games for the hit on Abdelkader.
- Randy Miller: Devils Ryane Clowe is hoping to play on Friday.
- Shawn Mitchell: Blue Jackets James Wisniewski (upper-body) and Marian Gaborik (knee) won’t travel with the team to Philadelphia. Both are expecting to play on Saturday. Dalton Prout (upper-body) is out at least two weeks. Derek McKenzie (lower-body) is day-to-day and is out this weekend. He hopes to be able to return before Christmas.