- Stephen Whyno: Blue Jackets Jared Boll will be out three to four months after surgery to repair a torn tendon in his ankle.
- Dallas Stars: The Stars have put Vernon Fiddler on the IR and recall Cameron Gaunce.
- Helene St. James: Red Wings Johan Franzen is having concussion symptoms and there is no timetable for his return.
- Ducks Ryan Getzlaf took the below hit from Red Wings Kyle Quincey. Getzlaf left the game for a bit after some teeth went through part of his mouth, but he did return.
- Flyers Braydon Schenn left last night’s game after being hit by Capitals Tom Wilson.
- Frank Seravalli: “B. Schenn turned into boards to spin away from incoming Tom Wilson hit, but was in that dangerous 2-foot-away-from-boards zone.” Schenn goes face first into the boards. Wilson got a five-minutes for charging, five for fighting and a game misconduct.
Tom Wilson’s hit was a charge, but it was also shoulder-to-shoulder. Photo proof: pic.twitter.com/NxGN9uRT0u
— Ian Oland (@ianoland) December 18, 2013
- Do you think Wilson SHOULD be suspended? How many games do you think he WILL he get?