- Pens Inside Scoop: The Penguins put Kris Letang on the IR.
- Joe Haggerty: Source saying Jarome Iginla has been cleared to play tonight against the Flames.
- Colorado Avalanche: Patrick Roy said that Alex Tanguay (knee/hip) could start skating next week. Ryan Wilson won’t go on their road trip.
- Adrian Dater: Patrick Roy said that defenseman Ryan Wilson needs more time to deal.
- Tom Gulitti: Devils Steven Gionta could return to the lineup on Wednesday. Ryane Clowe hopes to be able to return before Christmas. Randy Miller: Devils coach Peter DeBoer said that Clowe looked good in his first full contact practice.
- Shawn Mitchell: Richards on Sergei Bobrovsky: ”He’s progressing right now. We’re hoping we can get him out on the ice sometime next week.”
- Shelly Anderson: Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said that Rob Scuderi is seven to nine days away. Tanner Glass is three to five days away.
- Jon Rosen of LA Kings Insider: Kings Willie Mitchell didn’t finish Saturday’s game and did not play on Sunday. The LA Times said he was sick and remained at the hotel on Sunday.
“He got hit. It was nothing. It was like an upper-body, and it was not serious, and then when we went to have our meeting he was sick, so we just told him to stay at the hotel,” he said.
Rosen points out that nausea and vomiting are among the symptoms of concussions.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Injured Red Wings: Darren Helm, Justin Abdelkader, Henrik Zetterberg, Johan Franzen, Stephen Weiss, Danny DeKeyser and Jimmy Howard.
- Rob Mixer: Blue Jackets Dalton Prout left last night’s game with an upper body injury.
- Shawn Mitchell: Blue Jackets Derek McKenzie didn’t re-aggravate his back. His latest lower-body injury is not believed to be serious.
- Rob Rossi: Penguins Jayson Megna is day-to-day with a lower-body injury and likely out their next game.
- Jeremy Rutherford: Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said that David Backes is day-to-day. (ME: upper-body injury, looked like possible concussion)
- Mark Stepneski: Stars defenseman Aaron Rome is out with a lower-body injury.